Des Moines Area Regional Transit Authority
|Areas Served||Des Moines, IA and surrounding region|
|Fleet Size|| 110 (fixed-route)|
36 (Flex/On Call/Dial-A-Ride)
|Service Types|| Fixed-route, Flex Route,|
On Call, Dial-A-Ride
|Ridership||4,795,018 (2015, annual)|
|Union||ATU Local 441|
Des Moines Area Regional Transit Authority (DART) serves the city of Des Moines, Iowa. Service is also provided to the cities of Alleman, Altoona, Ankeny, Bondurant, Carlisle, Clive, Elkhart, Granger, Grimes, Johnston, Mitchellville, Pleasant Hill, Polk City, Runnells, Urbandale, West Des Moines and Windsor Heights. DART is the largest public transit system in the state of Iowa. 
In 2006, local and state leaders created the Des Moines Area Regional Transit Authority to improve upon the existing Des Moines Metropolitan Transit Authority (MTA) in order to create a more regional transit system. 
The following fares are charged on the various services DART operates: 
|Adult||Children 6-10||Children 5 and Under||Reduced Fare|
|Adult||Full Fare Token||Children 6-10||Children 5 and Under||Reduced Fare|
|$2.00||Token + $0.25||$0.75||Free||$.75|
|MLK Park & Ride Shuttle||The LINK Shuttle||Downtown D-Line Shuttle|
Unlimited Ride Passes
|Pass Type||Price||Reduced Fare Type||Price|
|Weekly Pass (Sun-Sat)||$16.00||Reduced Fare/Medicare Weekly||$7.00|
|Monthly Pass (From 1st Day of Month)||$48.00||Reduced Fare Monthly Pass||$24.00|
|Express Plus Monthly Pass||$58.00||Reduced Fare Express Plus Monthly||$29.00|
Reduced fares are available to seniors, the disabled and holders of Medicare cards and Veterans with appropriate identification.
- 1 Fairgrounds
- 3 University
- 4 East 14th
- 5 Franklin Ave. (Available Monday to Friday only)
- 6 Indianola
- 7 SW 9th St.
- 8 Fleur Dr. (Available Monday to Friday only)
- 11 Ingersoll/Valley Junction (Available Monday to Friday only)
- 13 Southeast Park Avenue Circulator (Available Monday to Friday only in one direction)
- 14 Beaver Ave.
- 15 6th Ave.
- 16 Douglas Ave.
- 17 Hubbell Ave./Altoona
- 51 Merle Hay Crosstown (Available Monday to Friday only)
- 52 Valley West/Jordan Creek Crosstown
- 60 Ingersoll/University Loop
- 91 Merle Hay Express
- 92 Hickman Express
- 93 Northwest 86th Street Express
- 94 Westown Express
- 95 Vista Express
- 96 E.P. True Express
- 98 Ankeny Express
- 99 Altoona Express
Express routes are only available Monday to Friday during peak hours.
- 72 West Des Moines/Clive Flex
- 73 Urbandale/Windsor Heights Flex
- 74 NW-Urbandale
- The LINK/Center Street Park & Ride
- D-Line Shuttle
Shuttle service is only available Monday to Friday.
Cities with On Call Service
- Polk City
- Address: 1100 Dart Way, Des Moines, IA 50309
- Phone: 515-283-8100
DART Central Station/Customer Service
- Address: 620 Cherry Street, Des Moines, IA 50309
As of 2017.
Flex / On Call / Paratransit Fleet
As of 2017.
|66 to 6710||2010||Ford/ElDorado National||E-450/Aerotech||Ford 6.8L Triton V10 gasoline||6610 remains in service.|
|68 to 7511||2011||Ford/ElDorado National||E-450/Aerotech||Ford 6.8L Triton V10||6811 & 6911 are retired.|
|76 to 7712||2012||Gillig||Low Floor 29'
|78 to 8212||2012||Ford/ElDorado National||E-450/Aerotech||Ford 6.8L Triton V10|
- About DART, ridedart.com, retrieved 07-27-2014
- Bus Fares ridedart.com/fares, retrieved 07-27-2014
- Request for Proposal FY17-R-006 for Fareboxes and Automated Fare Collection System (pgs. 17-19), Des Moines Area Regional Transit Authority. Retrieved on May 30, 2017.
- Des Moines Area Regional Transit Authority Exercises Options For Fourteen 40-Foot Xcelsior Diesel Buses, New Flyer Industries. Dated June 3, 2016, retrieved on July 20, 2016.
- Iowa unveils first hybrid bus, metro-magazine.com, retrieved 2009-08-05