Community Transit System (Ithaca, NY)
The Community Transit System was a public transit provider that had operated in Ithaca, New York between 1962 and 1975.
The Community Transit system, in 1965 took over operations of the city of Ithaca's public transit system from the Ithaca Railway, a company that had operated in Ithaca since 1887. At the inception of service, Community Transit system inherited a number of Beaver coaches from the previous carrier, operating on four "full-time" routes within the Ithaca city limits. An additional route operated a single morning trip, primarily used to transport students to the Ithaca Boynton Junior High School.
While operating, the Beaver coaches had reached the end of their useful life cycle, and the Community Transit System purchased new buses to begin replacing the fleet.
In 1975, the Community Transit System began the process of changing to Ithaca Transit, under the watch of Bernand Carpenter, then the acting superintendent of Public Works. By 1977, traces of the Community Transit System had vanished altogether.
Toro-Flow II DH478
|To Ithaca Transit 104, 230.|
|119||1977||Flxible||35096-6-1||Detroit Diesel 6V71N||Allison V730||To Ithaca Transit 119|
478 Toro-Flow II
|To Ithaca Transit 130.|
|? 220, 268||Flxible||Flxette||
|229||11/1968||GMC||TDH-3502||To Ithaca Transit 229|
|264, 300||1977||Flxible||35096-6-1||Detroit Diesel 6V71N||Allison V730||To Ithaca Transit 246, 300|
- 5 (single-trip, serving students)