Coast Mountain Bus Company route N9 'Coquitlam Central Station / Lougheed Station / Downtown Nightbus'
|Termini||Coquitlam Central Station|
Howe Street at Dunsmuir Street
|Operations||Port Coquitlam Transit Centre|
|Vehicles||NFI C40LFR |
|Branches||N9 Coquitlam Central Station NightBus|
N9 Downtown NightBus
N9 Lougheed Station NightBus (select trips only)
|Daytime Routes|| Millennium Line|
N9 Coquitlam Central Station/Downtown NightBus is a NightBus route operated by Coast Mountain Bus Company in Metro Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada.
This is an overnight bus route providing service 7 days a week in lieu of regular Millennium Line service and in lieu of various bus service along Broadway and in Coquitlam. Service runs every 30 minutes in each direction (every 20 for the first three trips departing downtown on weekdays and Saturdays) with 6 trips eastbound and 8 trips westbound (7 trips east and 9 trips west on weekends and holidays).
The final three westbound trips short-turn at Lougheed Station. On weekends and holidays, the final three westbound trip of the service day short-turn at Lougheed Station and the first trip of the service day continues to downtown on Saturdays and first two trips on Sundays to substitute early morning SkyTrain service.
The route departs Howe Street at Dunsmuir Street and takes Howe to cross the Granville Street Bridge and then Broadway heading east. It continues along Lougheed Highway where Broadway meets Rupert Street, takes Boundary, Henning Drive to access Gilmore Station and re-enters Lougheed Highway. It continues to North Road, Clarke Road, Clarke Drive and Charles Street to access the Barnet Highway/St. Johns Street, Ioco Road, Guildford Way and then Pinetree Way to arrive at Coquitlam Central Station. Westbound trips use Access Road, Mariner Way and Barnet to get back onto Pinetree. It exits Granville Street Bridge to enter Downtown by Seymour Street using West Hastings to loop onto Howe.
Points of Interest
- Granville Station
- Vancouver City Centre Station
- Vancouver Art Gallery and Robson Square
- Downtown Entertainment District
- Vancouver General Hospital
- Broadway–City Hall Station (Bay 2 – Coquitlam Central Station) (Bays 4 & 5 – Downtown)
- Commercial–Broadway Station
- Gilmore Station
- Brentwood Town Centre Station (Bay 2 – Downtown) (Bay 5 – Coquitlam Central Station)
- Holdom Station
- Sperling–Burnaby Lake Station
- Lake City Way Station
- Production Way–University Station (Bay 2 – Coquitlam Central Station) (Bay 4 – Downtown)
- Lougheed Town Centre Station (Bay 10)
- Burquitlam Station (Bay 5 – Coquitlam Central Station) (Bay 6 – Downtown)
- Burquitlam Mall
- Inlet Centre Station (Bay 1 – Downtown) (Bay 2 – Coquitlam Central Station)
- Douglas College – Coquitlam Campus
- Coquitlam Centre
- Westwood Mall Shopping Centre
- Coquitlam Central Station (Bay 6)
- Pre-2001 - Service operated as portions of the Owl Service components of the 9 Granville/Boundary and the 150 Lougheed Mall/Vancouver
- September 2001 - All Owl routes cancelled due to funding shortfall
- December 2004 - Service introduced to run until 3:10AM from Monday to Sunday
- April 2006 - Service rerouted due to construction of the Canada Line; service revised to operate northbound along Seymour and southbound along Howe; service to terminate at new bus bays on Howe between Georgia and Hastings
- December 2016 - Increased service between Coquitlam Central and Lougheed stations to increase service on Evergreen Extension corridor during NightBus hours