Coast Mountain Bus Company route 701 'Coquitlam Central Station / Haney Place / Maple Ridge East / Mission Station'
|Termini||Coquitlam Central Station|
Dewdney Trunk Road at 248th Street
Mission City Station**
|Operations||Port Coquitlam Transit Centre|
|Vehicles||NFI C40LFR |
NFI XDE60 (one trip only)
|Branches||701 Coquitlam Central Station|
701 Maple Ridge East
701 Haney Place (select trips)
701 Mission City Station (limited service)
701 Maple Ridge East via Samuel Robertson
(AM School Special)
* select weekday trips and alternating weekend/holiday trips.
701 Coquitlam Central Station/Maple Ridge East is a bus route operated by Coast Mountain Bus Company in Metro Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada.
This is an east-west route running between Coquitlam and Maple Ridge via Pitt Meadows. Service between Haney Place and Maple Ridge East is every 15 to 30 minute frequencies on weekdays and half hourly on weekends and holidays. It is a Frequent Transit Network (FTN) route for the portion between Haney Place and Coquitlam Central Station with service 15 minutes or better, 15 hours or more of the day, seven days a week.
The route departs Coquitlam Central Station by access road onto Mariner Way and then Barnet Highway followed by Lougheed Highway eastbound across the Pitt River Bridge and then onto Harris Road southbound. From Harris the route turns east onto Dunn Road and into Maple Meadows Station. It then exits the station onto Dunn Avenue, 200 street, and then Maple Meadows Way and Dewdney Trunk Road until Haney Place by way of Edge Street and McIntosh Avenue. Trips to Maple Ridge East depart Haney Place by Edge Street back onto Dewdney Trunk Road eastbound until its eastern terminus on 250th Street at Dewdney.
Four weekday trips continue from Haney Place towards Mission City Station by exiting Haney Place onto 226th street. The service then takes a left onto Lougheed Highway until its terminus at N Railway Avenue at Mission City Station. Return trips depart Mission City Station and onto Horne Avenue. The service then takes a left onto Lougheed Highway and right on 226th Street and into Haney Place.
Westbound trips from Maple Ridge East depart from Dewdney at 248th Street to Haney Place. Trips entering Coquitlam Central Station route from Lougheed Highway to access road.
When school is in session, many iterations of the route are in place in both directions.
Three special eastbound trips from Coquitlam Central (one AM and two PM) route from Lougheed to Dominion, Ottawa, to Lougheed and continues its regular route to Maple Ridge East.
Another eastbound trip routes from Dewdney Trunk via 240th Street, 102nd Avenue, Jackson, 104th Avenue back onto 240th Street, Dewdney Trunk to 250th Street, Smith and then 248th Street back onto Dewdney Trunk Road.
Additionally, two westbound trips depart from Dominion Avenue at Lougheed Highway during the PM peak and serves Archbishop Carney Secondary School. These trips terminate at Coquitlam Station.
Another westbound trip starts from Dewdney Trunk Road at 248th Street and follows the regular route to terminate at Haney Place. This trip continues as an R3 Lougheed Hwy and runs RapidBus XDE60s.
Points of Interest
- Coquitlam Centre
- Coquiltam Central Station (Bay 6)
- Westwood Mall Shopping Centre
- Lions Way Park
- Agricultural Park
- Harris Road Park
- Pitt Meadows Station
- Hoffman Park
- Golden Meadows Plaza
- Pitt Meadows Public Library
- Maple Meadows Station (Bay 2 – Coquitlam Central Station) (Bay 3 – Maple Ridge East/Mission City Station)
- Meadow Ridge Centre
- Haney Place Mall
- Haney Place (Bay 6 – Maple Ridge East/Mission City Station) (Bay 7 – Coquitlam Central Station)
- Maple Ridge Municipal Hall
- Memorial Gardens
- Garibaldi Secondary School
- Mission City Station
- December 1991 - Service introduced as 701 Maple Ridge East/South Haney/Coquitlam Centre/Vancouver during Community Link service roll out in Pitt Meadows and Maple Ridge
- June 1994 - Select trips operated by articulated buses; some trips to operate as 190 Coquitlam Station/Vancouver between Coquitlam Centre and Downtown Vancouver
- September 1994 - Midday service to operate between Coquitlam Centre and Haney Place; service east of Haney Place operated by community link buses except during peak periods
- November 1999 - Route became equipped with bike racks
- October 2001 - Funding shortfall results in service being discontinued between Haney Place and Haney Place South and between Haney Place and Maple Ridge East after 8PM on all nights
- April 2003 - Re-routed from Lougheed Highway to Harris Road and Dewdney Trunk Road (no service lost)
- December 2005 - Routing revised to cover service lost with the cancellation of route 709 East Maple Ridge/Haney Place
- April 2006 - Service extended to Maple Ridge East from Haney Place on Sundays and holidays
- January 2008 - Select trips used to test the TMAC system prior to full fleet installation
- June 2008 - Route joined the Frequent Transit Network (FTN)
- August 2008 - The new Haney Place Transit Exchange officially opened
- December 2016 - TrainBus service discontinued; select weekday trips extended to Mission City Station
- The Buzzer December 6, 1991 Issue translink.ca, retrieved 08-03-2017
- The Buzzer June 17, 1994 Issue, translink.ca, retrieved 16-12-2017
- The Buzzer August 26, 1994 Issue, translink.ca, retrieved 16-12-2017
- The Buzzer October 29 1999 Issue, translink.ca, retrieved 19-11-2017
- Service Cuts for October 15, 2001 listed by route number, translink.ca, retrieved 20-12-2009
- The Buzzer April 18, 2003 Issue, translink.ca, retrieved 12-01-2017
- The Buzzer November 25, 2005 Issue, translink.ca, retrieved 16-12-2017
- The Buzzer April 24, 2006 Issue, translink.ca, retrieved 23-08-2015
- Translink Access Transit Stakeholder Update, translink.ca, retrieved 20-12-2009
- The Buzzer June 20 2008 Issue, translink.ca, retrieved 16-12-2017
- Haney Place bus exchange officially opens, translink.ca, retrieved 16-12-2017
- The Buzzer December 16, 2016 Issue, retrieved 19-01-2017