Coast Mountain Bus Company route 503 'Aldergrove / Surrey Central Station'
|Termini||272nd Street at Fraser Highway|
Surrey Central Station
|Operations||Surrey Transit Centre|
|Vehicles||NFI D40LFR |
NFI XDE60 **
503 Langley Centre*
503 Surrey Central Station
School Special (AM School Special trip)
* Langley Centre short-turn service
503 Aldergrove/Surrey Central Station – Fraser Highway Express is a bus route operated by Coast Mountain Bus Company in Metro Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada.
This is a west-east route connecting Surrey Central Station Langley Centre, and Aldergrove. Service runs every 8 to 9 minutes during peak hour and every 10 to 15 minutes during off-peak hours between Surrey Central and Langley Centre, qualifying it to be a part of the Frequent Transit Network (FTN) which is a benchmark for bus service 15 minutes or better for 15 hours or more of the day, seven days a week. Aldergrove service runs approximately every 30 minutes.
Eastbound trips depart Surrey Central heading south on City Parkway, east on 102 Avenue, south on King George Boulevard to King George Station, then continuing on King George Boulevard, east on Fraser Highway, north on 203 Street, east on Logan Avenue to Langley Centre. For Aldergrove trips continuing from Langley Centre, trips go along Logan Avenue becoming 56 Avenue, south on 216 Street, east on Fraser Highway terminating at 272 Street at Fraser Highway with a connection to BC Transit 21 Aldergrove Connector to Bourquin Exchange.
Westbound trips depart 272 Street at Fraser Highway heading north on 272 Street, east on 32 Avenue, south on Station Road, west on 28 Avenue, north on 272 Street, west on 29 Avenue, north on 264 Street, west on Fraser Highway, north on 216 Street, west on 56 Avenue becoming Logan Avenue to Langley Centre. Continuing from Langley Centre heading south on Glover Road, west on Fraser Highway, north on King George Boulevard, west on 102 Avenue, north on City Parkway to Surrey Central Station.
503 Fraser Highway Express Stops
|Surrey Central Station
|314 316 320 321 323
324 325 326 335 337
371 373 501 502
|King George Station
(Bay 4 – Surrey Central Station)
(Bay 5 – Aldergrove & Langley Centre)
|314 321 326
|Fraser Highway & 140th Street||325 502|
|Fraser Highway & 148th Street||341 502|
|Fraser Highway & 152nd Street||320 375 502|
|Fraser Highway & 156th Street||320 502|
|Fraser Highway & 160th Street||320 335 502|
|Fraser Highway & 164th Street||320 502|
|Fraser Highway & 168th Street||320 502|
|Fraser Highway & 184th Street||372 502|
|Fraser Highway & 188th Street||370 372 502|
|Fraser Highway & 64th Avenue||364|
|Fraser Highway & 196A Street
Fraser Highway & 196th Street
|320 501 502|
|Fraser Highway & 201A Street||501 502|
(Bay 1 – Surrey Central Station)
(Bay 5 – Aldergrove)
|320 342 364 372 501
502 531 560 561 562 563 564 595
|Local service between Langley Centre and 272nd Street & Fraser Highway|
|272nd Street & Fraser Highway
Points of Interest
- Aldergrove Village
- Langley Centre (Bay 1 – Surrey Central Station) (Bay 5 – Aldergrove)
- Cascades Casino
- Willowbrook Shopping Centre
- Fleetwood Town Centre
- Surrey Memorial Hospital - Outpatient Centre
- King George Station (Bay 4 – Surrey Central Station) (Bay 5 – Aldergrove & Langley Centre)
- Surrey Central Station (Bay 10)
- Central City Shopping Centre
- Simon Fraser University – Surrey Campus
- June 2014 - Route introduced to help reduce overcrowding on the 502.
- December 2018 - Mayor's Council votes to cancel the upcoming Fraser Highway B-Line and elects to re-invest funds into upgrading this route and restructuring the 502
- September 2019 - Service rebranded to Fraser Highway Express with drop-off/pick-up stop restrictions lifted; introduction of articulated buses on select trips; discontinuation of Orion V buses; and frequency improved from every 30 minutes to every 8-9 during peak, 10-15 off-peak between Surrey Central and Langley Centre with the introduction of Langley Centre short-turn trips. Routing from Surrey Central revised to take 102nd Avenue and King George Boulevard to Fraser Highway.