Coast Mountain Bus Company route 408 'Brighouse Stn / Ironwood / Riverport'
Horseshoe Way at No. 5 Road*
Riverport Entertainment Complex**
|Operations||Richmond Transit Centre|
|Vehicles||NFI XD40 |
Nova Bus LFS
|Branches||408 Brighouse Station|
* Weekday and select weekend/holiday service
408 Brighouse Station/Ironwood/Riverport is a bus route operated by Coast Mountain Bus Company in Metro Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada.
This is an east-west route running exclusively in the City of Richmond. It connects Richmond–Brighouse Station with Ironwood in East Richmond. Most trips on weekday evenings terminate at Riverport Entertainment Complex instead, bypassing Ironwood and most trips on weekends/holidays go via Ironwood during the daytime and bypasses Ironwood in the evening, terminating at Riverport Entertainment Complex.
Eastbound trips departs Richmond–Brighouse Station south on No. 3 Road, east on Cook Road, south on Garden City Road, east on Williams Road, south on No. 5 Road, west on Horseshoe Way to Horseshoe Way & No. 5 Road.
Westbound trips depart Ironwood looping around Horseshoe Way then north on No. 5 Road, west on King Road, south on Seacote Road, west on Williams Road, north on Garden City Road, west on Cook Road, north on No. 3 Road to Richmond–Brighouse Station.
On weekday evenings, most southbound trips bypass Ironwood and continue to the Riverport Entertainment Complex via regular route to No. 5 Road & Steveston Highway, then east on Steveston, north on Entertainment Boulevard and around the roundabout to its terminus. Return trips to Richmond–Brighouse do not service Ironwood as well.
On weekends and holidays, trips terminate at Riverport Entertainment Complex, with two late night trips terminating in Ironwood. Daytime trips go via Ironwood before continuing to Riverport Entertainment Complex with no changes in routing. Evening trips bypass Ironwood and return trips to Richmond–Brighouse Station on all trips do not service Ironwood.
On weekdays when school is in session, a school special trip starts at Williams Road & Garden City Road and goes towards Ironwood, terminating at Horseshoe Way & No. 5 Road with no changes in routing. Another trip in the afternoon starts at Horseshoe Way & No. 5 Road and goes via the regular northbound routing until No. 5 Road & Seacliff Road, where it turns west onto Williams Road, bypassing King Road, and continues west on Williams Road and the regular routing to Brighouse Station.
Points of Interest
- Richmond Centre
- Richmond–Brighouse Station (Bay 1)
- Richmond Public Market
- Garden City Park
- RC Palmer Secondary School
- Hugh McRoberts Secondary School
- South Arm Park
- South Arm Outdoor Pool
- Riverside Industrial Park
- Ironwood Plaza
- Riverport Entertainment Complex (select trips)
- Pre-2000 - Former peak hour routing into Downtown Vancouver via Cambie Road, Sexsmith Road, Sea Island Way, Arthur Laing Bridge, Granville Street, Seymour Street, Smithe Street, and Burrard Street to the terminus along Dunsmuir Street. 
- January 1981 - Route extended along Williams to No.5 Rd and King, turned around via King, Seacote, Williams to regular route
- May 1984 - Destination sign simplification: service renamed from 408 Garden City to 408 Garden City/Richmond Exchange/Vancouver
- March 1986 - Peak-hour trips re-routed to the Arthur Laing bridge
- December 1991 - Accessible service introduced on select trips
- December 1996 - All trips extended to Horseshoe Way and No. 5 Road
- September 2000 - Operations transferred from Oakridge Transit Centre to Richmond Transit Centre
- August 2001 - Service discontinued and combined with 401 One Road/Vancouver to become the 401 One Road/Garden City following introduction of the 98 B-Line; service change deferred from April due to transit strike
- September 2018 - Service reintroduced to replace the Richmond–Brighouse Station and Riverport/Ironwood portions of the 401 One Road/Garden City, with minor route adjustments compared to the old 408 before 2001, going via Cook Road to Garden City Road (southbound) instead of No. 3 Road, Granville Avenue to Garden City Road (southbound); Riverport portion also added as all pre-2001 408 trips terminated at Ironwood
- April 2019 - Brighouse Station terminus moved to Ackroyd Road & No. 3 Road
- September 2020 - Introduction of afternoon supplemental trips to service McRoberts Secondary School
- October 2020 - Brighouse Station terminus moved into bus mall following completion of construction work; service on Ackroyd Road discontinued
- 408 - GARDEN CITY/ RICHMOND EXCHANGE, web.archive.org, retrieved 03-09-2018
- The Buzzer January 2, 1981 Issue, translink.ca, retrieved 18-11-2017
- The Buzzer May 25, 1984 Issue translink.ca, retrieved 26-04-2020
- The Buzzzer February 28, 1986 Issue, translink.ca, retrieved 19-11-2017
- The Buzzer August 30, 1991 Issue, translink.ca, retrieved 15-11-2017
- The Buzzer December 13, 1996 Issue translink.ca, retrieved 01-03-2017
- The Buzzer March 30, 2001 Issue translink.ca, retrieved 01-03-2017
- The Buzzer August 8, 2001 Issue translink.ca, retrieved 04-05-2020
- Fall Service Changes 2018: the first SWATP improvements arrive buzzer.translink.ca, retrieved 23-08-2018
- The Buzzer August 24, 2018 Issue translink.ca, retrieved 28-08-2018