Coast Mountain Bus Company route 323 'Newton Exchange / Surrey Central Station'
Surrey Central Station
|Operations||Surrey Transit Centre|
|Vehicles||NFI D40LFR |
|Branches||323 Newton Exchange|
323 Surrey Central Station
323 To 76th Avenue*
* Second-last Saturday southbound trip
323 128 Street is a bus route operated by Coast Mountain Bus Company in Metro Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada.
This is a north-south route running in Surrey connecting Newton Exchange and Surrey Central Station running primarily on 128 Street. Service runs daily every 10–20 minutes.
Northbound trips depart Newton Exchange heading east on 72 Avenue, north on 138 Street, west on 76 Avenue, north on 128 Street, east on 104th Avenue, and south on City Parkway to Surrey Central Station.
Southbound trips depart Surrey Central Station heading north on University Drive, west on 104 Avenue, south on 128 Street, east on 76 Avenue, south on 138 Street, and west on 72 Avenue to Newton Exchange.
The second-last southbound trip on Saturdays terminates at 76 Avenue & 132 Street adjacent to Surrey Transit Centre and routes via regular route until 76 Avenue & 132 Street where it heads north on 132 Street to the 7700 Block on 132 Street.
Points of Interest
- Surrey Central Station (Bay 5)
- North Surrey Recreation Centre
- Central City Shopping Centre
- Simon Fraser University – Surrey Campus
- Kwantlen Park Secondary School
- Royal Kwantlen Park
- Cedar Hills Plaza
- Kings Cross Mall
- Newton Town Centre
- Newton Wave Pool
- Newton Exchange (Bay 7)
- Newton Recreation Centre and Community Hall
- October 1975 - Service introduced as 323 128th Street connecting Whalley to Newton Exchange. Select trips ran to South Newton, displaying "To Panorama Ridge–56th Ave"
- August 1978 - Eastern terminus moved to Guildford Exchange from Whalley Exchange, with peak hour service extending to Downtown Vancouver. Service through Panorama Ridge discontinued and replaced by a reroute of the 322 Panorama Ridge
- September 1982 - Downtown terminus moved to Melville Street east of Thurlow
- January 1986 - Scottsdale Mall terminus revised to 70 Avenue between Scott Road and Nicholson Road instead of on Nicholson Road between 72 and 70 avenues
- November 1986 - Service revised to operate between Whalley Exchange and Scottsdale Mall, with peak hour express service extending to New Westminster Station. Service between Whalley Exchange and Guildford Exchange and peak hour extension to Vancouver discontinued
- March 1990 - Terminus revised to Newton Exchange and ran as a peak hour express between Whalley Exchange and Scott Road Station; the portion between Newton Exchange and Scottsdale Mall was replaced by the 340
- June 1997 - Routing revised to operate via 104 Avenue instead of King George Highway and 108 Avenue
- April 2003 - Route became bike rack equipped
- December 2007 - Weekday service improved to 20 minutes during the morning peak northbound and southbound during the afternoon peak hours with evening service at 30-minute frequencies
- September 2008 - Weekend and holiday service improved to 30-minute frequencies while Monday to Friday service is improved to 30 minutes from 6 a.m. to 9 p.m. in conjunction with routes 324 and 325
- January 2021 - PM peak hour service increased from every 12–15 minutes to every 10 minutes; weekday night service increased from every 30 minutes and every hour to every 20–30 minutes. Early morning weekend/holiday service increased from every 30 minutes to every 20 minutes. Midday Sunday/holiday service increased from every 20 minutes to every 12–15 minutes. Saturday afternoon and evening service increased from every 20–30 minutes to every 12–15 minutes. Weekend/holiday evening service increased from every hour to every 30 minutes
- June 2021 - Service renamed from 323 Newton Exchange/Surrey Central Station back to 323 128 Street. Late-night short-turn trip renamed from 323 76th & 132nd to 323 To 76th Avenue
- The Buzzer October 28, 1975 Issue translink.ca, retrieved 06-01-2017
- The Buzzer August 11, 1978 Issue translink.ca, retrieved 06-01-2017
- The Buzzer September 3, 1982 Issue, translink.ca, retrieved 18-11-2017
- The Buzzer January 31, 1986 Issue translink.ca, retrieved 09-05-2021
- The Buzzer October 24, 1986 Issue translink.ca, retrieved 26-04-2020
- The Buzzer March 9, 1990 Issue translink.ca, retrieved 27-04-2020
- The Buzzer June 13, 1997 Issue translink.ca, retrieved 03-05-2020
- The Buzzer April 18, 2003 Issue, translink.ca, retrieved 01-12-2017
- The Buzzer August 29, 2008 Issue, translink.ca, retrieved 12-12-2009
- Bus service increases in Surrey in September, translink.ca, retrieved 12-12-2009