Coast Mountain Bus Company route 214 'Blueridge / Phibbs Exchange / Burrard Station'
|Service Area||North Vancouver|
|Termini||Sechelt Drive at Hynannis Drive|
|Operations||West Vancouver Transit|
Burnaby Transit Centre*
|Vehicles||ARBOC SOM 28 |
Nova Bus LFS *
214 Phibbs Exchange
214 Burrard Station**
* Peak hours only
214 Blueridge/Phibbs Exchange/Burrard Station is a bus route operated by West Vancouver Transit during off-peak hours and on weekends/holidays and Coast Mountain Bus Company during peak hours in Metro Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada.
This is an east-west route servicing the Seymour Heights area of the City of North Vancouver. Service to and from Downtown Vancouver is provided during peak hours. Half hourly service is provided except during peak hours when service is provided 12-15 minutes apart. Weekend service is available at 30 minute frequencies. Off-peak service is provided with Community Shuttles.
The route departs Phibbs Exchange by Main Street and Seymour Boulevard to Highway 1. It then takes exit 22B to Fern Street to Mount Seymour Parkway and then northbound on Emerson Way. The route continues from Emerson onto Carnation Street westbound, north along Berkley Road to Berkley Avenue and then Hyannis Drive to its terminus on Sechelt Drive at Hyannis.
Westbound trips depart Sechelt Drive at Hyannis Drive by Sechelt westbound to take Berkley Road south towards Phibbs Exchange. Select morning peak trips operate as 214 Burrard Station.
Trips to Downtown Vancouver continue from Phibbs Exchange by access road onto Highway 1 and the Second Narrows Crossing. It exits onto McGill Street in East Vancouver to take Nanaimo, Dundas Street onto Powell, south along Main Street to Pender, Cambie Street and then Dunsmuir to Burrard Station. Peak hour trips from Downtown depart Burrard Station by Dunsmuir onto Melville, north along Thurlow, Pender Street, Homer, Cordova until it merges into Powell Street by Cordova Diversion, Dundas, Nanaimo, McGill and then the on-ramp to Highway 1 to North Vancouver.
Select morning peak trips to Downtown do not stop service the stop on Mount Seymour Parkway at Seymour Boulevard. One morning peak trip routes via Mount Seymour Parkway to Riverside Drive, Old Dollarton Road, Dollarton Highway becoming Main Street to Phibbs Exchange and then Downtown. Select morning eastbound trips depart Phibbs Exchange by the Main Street off ramp onto Main becoming the Dollarton Highway, Old Dollarton Road, Riverside Drive, Mount Seymour Parkway and then its regular route.
|214 Stopping Procedures|
|Pick-up and drop-off service at all local stops. Pick-up and drop-off restrictions apply at stops in Vancouver. Drop-off only service at all 214 stops towards Burrard Station and pick-up only service at all 214 stops towards Blueridge.|
Points of Interest
- Phibbs Exchange (Bay 1 – Blueridge) (Bay 4 – Burrard Station)
- Seylynn Park
- Trillium Park
- Blueridge Park
- Hastings Park
- Victoria Square
- Granville Station
- Pacific Centre
- Burrard Station (Bay 2)
- Bentall Centre
- Royal Centre
- October 1973 - Route introduced as 214 Berkley; service operates between Hyannis at Sechelt to Kootenay Loop via Riverside Drive and Phibbs Exchange; peak hour service to donwtown Vancouver (Hornby at Smithe) introduced as 714 Berkley FastBUS.
- May 1975 - Downtown Terminus moved to Haro–Smithe Connector between Thurlow and Burrard Streets.
- April 1981 - Downtown routing revised to take Pender Street; service along Main Street and Hastings Street discontinued
- December 1984 - Re-routed to Mount Seymour Parkway after the road was extended to Fern Street 
- November 1986 - Downtown terminus extended to Burrard Station from Dunsmuir & Hornby
- October 2001 - Funding shortfall forces cancellation of service after 10:00PM on all days
- April 2005 - Off peak service switched to Community Shuttle service at 30 minute frequencies
- November 2005 - Two late night trips added
- June 2008 - Service along Carrall Street re-routed to take current routing due to the Carrall Street Greenway project
- June 2013 - Powell Street Upgrades: Blueridge service from Vancouver routing detoured from Homer & Pender via Homer, Hastings, Clark, then regular routing; Vancouver-bound service from Powell & Clark via Clark, Hastings, Howe, then regular route to Burrard Station
- August 2014 - Completion of Powell Street Upgrades; regular routing restored
- September 2015 - Rerouted onto Highway 1 between Fern Street and Phibbs Exchange
- September 2016 - North Vancouver Transit Centre closed down, conventional operations moved to Burnaby Transit Centre while shuttle operations moved to Hamilton Transit Centre
- September 2017 - Community Shuttle operations moved to West Vancouver due to inefficient deadheading between Hamilton Transit Centre and North Vancouver. With this change, the route became the first in TransLink history to be operated by two operating companies: off-peak shuttle operations done by West Vancouver Transit while peak hour conventional service operated by Coast Mountain Bus Company
- April 2020 - Westbound trips going beyond Phibbs Exchange renamed from 214 Vancouver to 214 Burrard Station
- May 2–11, 2020 - Service reduced to operate on a Saturday schedule on weekdays and a Sunday schedule on weekends as part of cost saving measures due to low ridership relating to the COVID-19 pandemic
- The Buzzer October 16, 1973 Issue, translink.ca, retrieved 10-12-2016
- The Buzzer May 23, 1975 Issue, translink.ca, retrieved 10-12-2016
- The Buzzer April 3, 1981 Issue translink.ca, retrieved 26-04-2020
- The Buzzer December 7, 1984 Issue, translink.ca, retrieved 18-11-2017
- The Buzzer October 24, 1986 Issue translink.ca, retrieved 26-04-2020
- Service Cuts for October 15, 2001 listed by Route Number, translink.ca, retrieved 03-12-2009
- The Buzzer April 12, 2005 Issue, translink.ca, retrieved 20-11-2009
- The Buzzer November 25, 2005 Issue, translink.ca, retrieved 03-12-2009
- The Buzzer June 20, 2008 Issue, translink.ca, retrieved 03-12-2009
- The Buzzer June 28, 2013 Issue translink.ca, retrieved 12-06-2020
- The Buzzer August 22, 2014 Issue translink.ca, retrieved 12-06-2020
|Facilities||Park Royal – West Vancouver Transit Centre|
|Current Fleet||701–706 901–909 1201–1217 1601–1605 1606–1614|
|Community Shuttle Fleet||17501–17505 18501–18509 19501–19502, 19536–19537|
|712–714 801–803 912–914 921–929 951–959, 961–968 971 981 990–998 S200 S201 S261 S305 S370 S1301–S1304, S1308, S1309, S1316–S1320|
|Conventional||250 250A 253 254 255 258|
|Community Shuttle||214 215 227 251 252 256 262|
|Former Routes||257 259|