Coast Mountain Bus Company route 130 'Metrotown / Hastings / Kootenay / Phibbs Exchange / Cap U'
Pender Street at Willingdon Avenue
|Operations||Burnaby Transit Centre|
Hamilton Transit Centre (school trip only)
|Vehicles||Nova Bus LFS |
NFI XN40 (school trip only)
Nova Bus LFS HEV (school trip only)
|Branches||130 Metrotown Station|
130 To Pender
130 Kootenay Loop
130 Phibbs Exchange
130 Capilano University
(peak hours only when school is in session)
130 Metrotown Station/Phibbs Exchange is a bus route operated by Coast Mountain Bus Company in Metro Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada.
This north-south service connects South Burnaby with North Vancouver and Capilano University via East Vancouver. It is a Frequent Transit Network (FTN) route with service 15 minutes or better for 15 hours or more of the day, seven days a week.
The route departs Phibbs Exchange onto the Second Narrows Bridge via on-ramp taking Highway 1 to Cassiar Street and exiting onto Hastings Street eastbound. From Hastings the route takes Willingdon Avenue south to Central Boulevard and then its terminus at Metrotown Station.
Peak hour service is provided to Capilano University from Phibbs Exchange via Oxford Street to Mountain Highway, Fern Street onto Lillooet Road, Selkirk Street and then Monashee Drive to the Capilano University Transit Exchange. Weekend service is not provided to Capilano University.
On weekdays, northbound service has frequencies of six to nine minutes to Hastings at Willingdon, 15 minutes to Kootenay Loop, 15 minutes during peak hours and 30 minutes at all other times for service to Phibbs Exchange. Service to Capilano University is provided with 15 minute frequency from approximately 7:00 AM to 9:45 AM and then from 2:10 PM to 6:15 PM.
Southbound weekday service provides frequencies of six to nine minutes from Hastings at Willingdon, 15 minutes from Kootenay Loop, 15 minutes during peak and 30 minutes at all other times from Phibbs Exchange. Service from Capilano University is provided from approximately 7:00 AM to 10:00 AM and 2:15 PM to 6:30 PM at 15 minute intervals.
On weekends, 30 minute service is provided to and from Phibbs Exchange, 15 minute service to and from Kootenay Loop and six to nine minute service to and from Willingdon Avenue at Hastings Street to Metrotown Station.
When school is in session, a school trip in the PM peak serving Moscrop Secondary School and operated by Hamilton Transit Centre leaves Willingdon Avenue & Deer Lake Parkway and short-turns at Pender Street & Willingdon Avenue.
Points of Interest
- Metropolis at Metrotown
- Metrotown Station (Bay 4)
- Burnaby Public Library
- Crystal Mall
- Moscrop Secondary School
- British Columbia Institute of Technology
- Brentwood Town Centre Station (Bay 6 – Phibbs Exchange) (Bay 7 – Metrotown Station)
- Brentwood Mall
- Kootenay Loop (Bays 4 & 8 – Metrotown Station) (Bay 6 – Phibbs Exchange)
- Empire Stadium
- Phibbs Exchange (Bay 2 – Metrotown Station) (Bay 4 – Capilano University)
Peak Hours when school is in session:
- Seylynn Park
- Lillooet Park
- Capilano University (Bay 3)
- July 1961 - Service introduced as 30 Willingdon, a new crosstown service linking Kootenay Loop to Marine Drive in South Burnaby
- October 1984 - Service rebranded from 30 Willingdon to 130 Suncrest/Kootenay Loop
- March 1986 - Southern terminus moved to Metrotown Station, re-routed from Wildwood, Gilpin, and Burke to direct service along Willingdon
- June 1989 - Re-routed from Metrotown station to Central Boulevard (eastbound), Bonsor, Bennett, Nelson to regular route 
- October 1991 - Accessible service introduced on select trips
- December 2006 - Route extended during daytime and early evening hours to service Phibbs Exchange; peak hour service extended to Capilano College (now Capilano University); an additional northbound trip is added to depart at 2:00 AM terminating on Hastings at Willingdon
- September 2008 - Route joins the Frequent Transit Network (FTN) 
- April 2009 - Capilano Transit Exchange opens; service along Purcell Way ends 
- September 2009 - Peak service increased to 15 minutes with peak trips departing from Capilano University terminating at Kootenay Loop instead of Phibbs Exchange
- June 2017 - Trips terminating at Pender and Willingdon changed to display 130 To Pender instead of 130 To Hastings
- The Buzzer July 14, 1961 Issue translink.ca, retrieved 26-01-2017
- The Buzzer October 12, 1984 Issue translink.ca, retrieved 04-01-2017
- The Buzzer February 28, 1986 Issue, translink.ca, retrieved 24-09-2015
- The Buzzer June 16, 1989 Issue, translink.ca, retrieved 12-01-2017
- The Buzzer August 30, 1991 Issue, translink.ca, retrieved 17-01-2017
- The Buzzer December 2006 Issue, translink.ca, retrieved 24-10-2009
- Bus service increases in North Burnaby in September, translink.ca, retrieved 24-10-2009
- The Buzzer February 1, 2008 Issue, translink.ca, retrieved 26-01-2010
- Transit Service Improvements to Cap U, translink.ca, retrieved 24-10-2009
- Transit Improvement to Cap U, translink.ca, retrieved 24-10-2009
- The Buzzer September 2009 Issue, translink.ca, retrieved 24-10-2009