Charm City Circulator
The Charm City Circulator is a free bus service based in Baltimore, Maryland which started operations in 2009 under mayor Sheila Dixon. The service interlinks the downtown area to the surrounding communities near downtown & Inner Harbor via three fixed-routes. It is geared towards residents, employees and tourists. The service was originally operated under contract by Transdev until 2019. It has since been contracted by RMA Worldwide Chauffeured Transportation.
The Charm City Circulator launched on January 11, 2010 with one route; the Orange Route. It was originally planned for September 2009, but with the slowing economy and delay in supply of the buses from DesignLine, the launch was pushed back. After over a little of three months of service, the circulator announced they have reached 100,000 riders since it's launch. The Purple Route was launched on June 4, 2010.
- Green Route Johns Hopkins Medical Center - Fallsway/City Hall
- Orange Route Mount Clare Junction - Perkins Homes
- Purple Route Johns Hopkins University/Homewood - Federal Hill
- Banner Route Inner Harbor - Fort McHenry
- Artscape Shuttle Mount Royal Shuttle (only during Artscape Festival event)
- Harbor Connector
- Maritime Park to Tide Point
- Tide Point to Canton Waterfront Park
- Harbor East to Harbor View
|1201-1208||2011||Orion||Orion VII EPA10 BRT HEV
|Cummins ISB6.7||BAE Systems HybriDrive||Supplement order because of problems with the 0900-series units|
|1209-1212||2012||Orion||Orion VII EPA10 BRT HEV
|Cummins ISB6.7||BAE Systems HybriDrive||Wrapped in "Banner Route" decals|
|1910218-1910223||2019||Nova||LFS||Cummins L9||Allison B400R||
|1910234-1910239||2021||Nova||LFS||Cummins L9||Allison B400R||
- Note: Relieved = The coaches in question have been relieved of duty and is no longer recognized under the Baltimore Department of Transportation. Many buses were ordered under contract by Transdev and not by Baltimore city funding.
- ↑ Running Late Now...So We Don't Run Late Later, charmcitycirculator.com, retrieved 2011-01-17
- ↑ The Charm City Circulator Reaches 100,000th Passenger Milestone, charmcitycirculator.com, retrieved 2011-01-17
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 Circulator marks a year on the streets, Baltimore Sun, retrieved 2011-01-12
- ↑ A New Addition to the Fleet, charmcitycirculator.com, retrieved 2011-02-11
- ↑ Flickr