Blue Bird TC/2000
|Blue Bird TC/2000|
|Years of manufacture||1987 to 2003|
|Power/Fuel||Diesel, CNG, LNG|
The Blue Bird TC/2000 is a high floor type D school bus available in a front engine or rear engine version. It was meant as a low-cost supplement to the Blue Bird All American and is distinguishable from the All American by the single headlights with the turn signals mounted on the inner side of the headlights.
- 1991 - new front end clip with a flip-up access cover. A RE (rear engine) version was introduced.
- 1992 - base of the windshield was moved several inches lower. The front end access panel was redesigned from a 1-piece design into 3 pieces (a swing-down grille and two swing-out access doors).
- 1993 - lower-profile engine cover.
- 1994 - instrument panel was replaced with a GM-sourced one (same as the CV200)
- 1998 - RE version is discontinued.
- 1999 - headlight bar changed to an all-yellow design.
- 2001 - dashboard was replaced with the All American type.
- 2002 - side control panel was replaced with the All American type.
- Caterpillar 3116 (RE only; 1991-1998)
- Cummins B5.9 190, 210, 230 hp
- Cummins B5.9G 195 hp
- Cummins ISB 190, 210, 230 hp
- GM 427 235 hp (gasoline) (FE only; 1988-1995)
- John Deere 6.8L 225 hp (natural gas) (1997-2003)
- John Deere 8.1L 250 hp (natural gas)
- Academia Bus Company - Vancouver, BC
- Autobus Hélie - QC
- Bell-Horizon - QC
- Big Bus Vancouver - Vancouver, BC
- Briggs Bus Lines (FirstGroup plc) - Edmonton, AB
- Canadian Armed Forces
- Cardinal Coach Lines (FirstGroup plc) - Calgary, AB
- Commission de transport de Drummondville - QC
- Conseil intermunicipal de transport de la Vallée du Richelieu (CITVR) - QC
- Cunningham Transport Limited
- Flin Flon Transit - Flin Flon, MB
- Foothills School Division NO. 38 - AB
- Golden Arrow - AB
- Groupe Intercar - QC
- Moncton Transit - Moncton, NB
- Owen Sound Transit - Owen Sound, ON
- Red Arrow Student Transportation Services (now Southland Transportation) - Edmonton, AB
- ShopDineTour Toronto - Toronto, ON
- Southland Transportation - Calgary, AB
- Stock Transportation
- Thirdwave Bus Services - Metro Vancouver, BC
- Transport Thom - Gatineau, QC
- Transit Cape Breton - Sydney & Cape Breton, NS
- VSBC - Burnaby BC
- Willco Transportation Ltd. - Calgary, AB
- Yellowknife Transit - Yellowknife, NT
- Anteater Express - Irvine, CA
- Flint Mass Transportation Authority - MI
- Indianapolis International Airport Shuttle Service - Indianapolis, IN
- KB Transportation - VA
- Suffolk Transportation Service - Suffolk County, NY
- United Bus Corporation - Coram, NY
- Blue Bird TC/2000 Page (1998) Retrieved on 08-12-06
- Personal notes & sightings