Bay Area Rapid Transit District
Bay Area Rapid Transit or BART is a rapid transit, heavy rail system serving the San Francisco Bay Area. It links San Francisco with surrounding municipalities in Alameda, Contra Costa, San Mateo, and Santa Clara counties.
- September 11, 1972 - Operations begin
- November 9, 1972 - Opened Orange line from McArthur to Fremont.
- January 29, 1973 - Orange line extended from MacArthur to Richmond.
- May 21, 1973 - Opened Yellow line from Concord to 12th St.
- November 3, 1973 - Opened Montgomery St.-Daly City on Yellow line (shuttle)
- June 16, 1974 - Yellow line thru route from Concord to Daly City (opened Transbay Tunnel)
- September 16, 1974 - Began Green line Monday-Saturday daytime service from Fremont-Daly City.
- April 19, 1976 - Began Red line service Monday-Friday rush hour from Richmond-Daly City.
- June 7, 1976 - Added Red line service Monday-Friday midday and Saturday daytime from Richmond-Daly City.
- July 10, 1995 - Began Blue line Monday-Friday rush hour service from Concord-Bay Fair.
- July 24, 1995 - Extended Blue service from Bay Fair to South Hayward
- December 16, 1995 - Yellow line extended from Concord to Martinez and also with Blue line service during Monday-Friday rush hour.
- February 24, 1996 - Yellow line extended from Daly City to Colma and also with Red line service during Monday-Friday rush hour.
- December 7, 1996 - Yellow line extended from Martinez to Pittsburg also with Blue line service during Monday-Friday rush hour.
- May 9, 1997 - Replaced Monday-Friday rush hour Blue line service from Pittsburg to South Hayward with a new route, Dublin to Daly City
- June 22, 2003
- Blue line extended from Daly City to San Francisco Airport.
- Yellow line extended from Daly City to Millbrae.
- Began Purple line from Millbrae to San Francisco Airport Shuttle.
- Red line cut back from Colma to Daly City during Monday-Friday rush hour.
- February 9, 2004
- Yellow line rerouted to San Francisco Airport and extended to Millbrae on Monday-Friday midday, evening and weekends.
- Red line extended from Daly City to San Francisco Airport via Millbrae during Monday-Friday rush hour only.
- Blue line cut back from San Francisco Airport to Daly City.
- Purple line eliminated.
- September 13, 2004
- Yellow line extended from San Francisco Airport to Millbrae during Monday-Friday rush hour.
- Rerouted Red line during Monday-Friday rush hour to Millbrae via San Francisco Airport.
- September 12, 2005
- Yellow and Red lines cut back to Daly City.
- Blue line extended from Daly City to Millbrae via San Francisco Airport.
- September 22, 2005
- Extended Red line from Daly City to Colma during Monday-Friday rush hour.
- January 1, 2008
- Re-extended Yellow line from Daly City to San Francisco Airport.
- Red line extended from Daly City/Colma during daytime and to Millbrae direct during rush hour.
- Blue line cut back from Millbrae to Daly City during daytime, with evenings and weekends to Millbrae direct.
- September 14, 2009
- Yellow line extended from San Francisco Airport to Millbrae during evenings and weekends.
- Blue line cut back from Millbrae to Daly City during evenings and weekends.
- November 21, 2014
- Automated guideway opened from Coliseum BART Station to Oakland International Airport.
- March 25th, 2017
- Warm Springs/South Fremont Station Opens
- May 26, 2018
- eBART opened from Antioch–Pittsburg station to Antioch station
- June 13th, 2020
- BART Extends into Santa Clara County with 2 new stops at Milpitas and Berryessa/North San Jose.
- Blue - Dublin/Pleasanton - Daly City (Monday-Sunday), On Some Sundays, Trains terminate at Montgomery Street.
- Green - Berryessa/North San Jose - Daly City (Monday-Saturday daytime)
- Orange - Berryessa/North San Jose - Richmond (Monday-Sunday)
- Red - Richmond-Daly City (Monday-Saturday daytime), extended to Millbrae (Monday-Friday daytime)
- Yellow - Antioch - San Francisco Int'l Airport (Monday-Sunday), extended to Millbrae (Evenings & weekends). Transfer from eBART to regular BART at the Pittsburg/Bay Point Transfer Platform.
AirBART is a shuttle bus service that operates between Oakland International Airport and Coliseum/Oakland Airport station. The wheelchair accessible buses serve Terminal 1 and 2 and stops on San Leandro Boulevard at the BART station.
|2009||ElDorado National||Axess CNG||5 units, fleet numbers unknown.|
|1.3-4.3||2014||DCC Doppelmayr Cable Car||Cable Car||
Diesel Multiple Unit Fleet
1208, 1210, 1212,
|2501-2580||1995-1996||Morrison-Knudsen||C-2||2528 was decommissioned and sold to Schnitzer Steel for scrap on 11/8/2019. It was the 1st of 10 cars to be replaced by the Fleet of the Future D Cars.|