Barrie Transit route Transit ON Demand
|Number of Branches||1|
|Types of buses used|
Transit ON Demand is a service operated by Barrie Transit in Barrie, Ontario, Canada.
Transit ON Demand provides bus stop to bus stop on-demand service within a specific zone. As this service operates without a fixed schedule or route, users must book their trip ahead of time through the mobile app. This service operates Monday-Saturday from 6:35am to 5:30pm. Regular Barrie Transit fares apply so users can transfer between fixed mainline routes and the on-demand service.
- August 17, 2020 - New service introduced as a pilot project to provide a faster and more efficient service in low transit demand areas and/or during low transit demand times. The zone will cover from Huronia Road and Lockhart Road to Bayview Drive and Little Avenue. This pilot project is expected to last approximately one year.
- February 20, 2021 - Following a successful pilot project, ON Demand service will replace the former conventional fixed route 11.
- Barrie Transit ON Demand, barrie.ca. Retrieved 27 November 2021.
- City of Barrie. (12 August 2020). New app allows riders to request Transit ON Demand. Press release.
- City of Barrie. (10 February 2021). Transit ON Demand to replace Route 11 following successful pilot. Press release.