Barrie Transit route 100 'Red/Blue Express'
|Number of Branches||4|
|Types of buses used||New Flyer D40LF/XD40 , Nova Bus LFS|
100A/C Red Express and 100B/D Blue Express is a transit route operated by Barrie Transit in Barrie, Ontario, Canada.
Route 100 is an express bus route provides full coverage service around northern Barrie and the Downtown Terminal. This route also connects Georgian Mall, Georgian College and the Downtown Terminal.
Branches 100C/D only operate during the weekdays.
This route has 4 branches:
- 100A Red Express - Clockwise circular routing around northern Barrie. Southern part of the route operates via Grove Street East, Nelson Street, Napier Street, Penetang Street, and Mulcaster Street.
- 100B Blue Express - Operates the reverse counterclockwise routing of 100A.
- 100C Red Express - Clockwise circular routing around northern Barrie. Southern part of the route operates via Johnson Street and Balek Street.
- 100D Blue Express - Operates the reverse counterclockwise routing of 100C.
- September 4, 2018 - Route 100 Georgian Express is introduced in conjunction with the beginning of the fall semester at Georgian College, and the approval of a universal pass (U-Pass) program for Georgian students. Route will operate between downtown and Georgian College from 7:30am-2:30pm and service extended to Georgian Mall after 2:30pm.
- August 25, 2019 - Route renamed from 'Georgian Express' to 'Red & Blue Express'. Route is expanded to operate in a circular routing connecting the Downtown Terminal, Georgian Mall, and Georgian College. Branches 100A/C (Red Express) operate clockwise and branches 100B/D (Blue Express) operate counterclockwise.
Previous route maps
|Johnson @ Grove||100|
|AM Peak||Midday||PM Peak||Early Evening||Late Evening||Early AM||Day||Evening||Early AM||Day||Evening|