BC Transit 5201-5202

From CPTDB Wiki
Jump to navigation Jump to search

BC Transit 5201-5202 were GMC TDH-5303 "New Look" buses built in 1963.

They were originally delivered to South Suburban Safeway Lines, and were purchased second hand by the BC Ministry of Municipal Affairs Bureau of Transit Services in 1974. After being refurbished, they entered service in 1975-1976 in Victoria and Nanaimo.

Buses owned by the Bureau of Transit Services transferred to the Urban Transit Authority upon its creation in 1979, renamed BC Transit in 1982.

BC Hydro Transit fleet ownership transferred to Urban Transit Authority (UTA) and operations assumed by Metro Transit Operating Company (MTOC) in April 1980. UTA renamed BC Transit in 1982; MTOC operations in Vancouver and Victoria moved into BC Transit in April 1985

Engine Transmission Seating Rear Door Destination Sign
Detroit Diesel 6V71N Allison VH9 Bifold
Treadle
Rollsign

Details

Fleet
Number
Renumbers Provincial
Number
Thumbnail Date Serial License Plate Paint Notes
900 5201 BCT GM 900.jpg 07/1963 1085 8614 NN CMBC Paint Icon bct.gif
5202 901 5202 07/1963 1086 Urban Transit Authority Paint Icon.gif
  1. ad in Nanaimo Daily News, September 16, 1978, Page 13, retrieved via newspapers.com, Jan. 26. 2021