American Seating InSight Prime
The American Seating InSight Prime is a polymer transit seat sold in Canada and the United States. It was introduced in 2015 at the American Public Transportation Association annual meeting. Some of the first agencies to order this type of seat are the Niagara Frontier Transportation Authority and Massachusetts Bay Transportation Authority.
The InSight Prime is based on the InSight. It is lighter and uses fewer parts. The single-piece moulded composite resin seat does not have fabric inserts or back panels. The material's surface repels dirt and moisture, making the seat extremely easy to clean. Like the InSight, the InSight Prime is available in either a 17-inch or 18-inch width. The 17-inch width is not available with a grip rail and does not have sides that flare outwards. It is typically used for perimeter arrangements. An option for a colour-coordinated insert is available. This model is known as the InSight Prime+.
The InSight may feature the EZ fold system with A.R.M. Securement System to accommodate passengers utilizing mobility aids. A barrier which shares the same design language is usually specified to separate the wheelchair area from the transverse seats.
- Beaumont Transit - Beaumont, AB
- Calgary Transit - Calgary, AB
- Codiac Transpo - Moncton, NB
- Cold Lake Transit - Cold Lake, AB
- Edmonton Transit Service - Edmonton, AB
- Medicine Hat Transit - Medicine Hat, AB
- Société de transport de Montréal - Montréal, QC
- Thunder Bay Transit - Thunder Bay, ON
- Community Connector - Bangor, ME
- Madison County Transit - Granite City, IL
- Massachusetts Bay Transportation Authority - Boston, MA
- Niagara Frontier Transportation Authority - Buffalo, NY