[Photos] LACMTA NABI Metro-45C for Silver Line

ATE2

The Silver Line is technically a "Metro Liner" similar to the Orange Line in that it travels mostly on transitways.
Well if the Silver Line is a Metro Liner route, why are they operating Local colored NABI's on that route while the 902 is a local route and it's using the Silver Metro Liner colored buses?

The Silver Line is technically a "Metro Liner" similar to the Orange Line in that it travels mostly on transitways.

I think they should use Suburban buses on that line and other LACMTA's express route, even on local buses that have low ridership.

For Example: http://gallery.bustalk.info/displayimage.p...&fullsize=1

http://gallery.bustalk.info/displayimage.p...&fullsize=1

http://gallery.bustalk.info/displayimage.p...&fullsize=1

http://www.ttmg.org/photos/tlogan/NYCB_Ori...VS-Interior.jpg

These are the newly arrived NABI Metro-45C for silver line ( El Monte Station – Artesia Transit Center via El Monte Busway and Harbor Transitway), and it looks like they will be a member of 8300s.

The difference between 8100s and 8300s is that 8300s use tinted windows

IMG_9565.jpg

IMG_9567.jpg

Brand new NABIs in front and Neoplan ans Newflyer at the back

IMG_9566.jpg

IMG_9568.jpg

Plus

Foothill transit NABI 42BRT (CNG) at El monte bus station running Silver Streak

IMG_9561.jpg

Thanks for watching

Doesn't these buses somehow look like the GM New Look bus, only more futuristic?

They actually used to run suburban buses up until the mid 1990's on the freeway express routes. But I think they decided against ordering more buses with that configuration to allow for more flexibility within the fleet.

Actually, a lot of them hung on till about 2000/2001, around the time of the deliveries of the early 7000 series NABI's and the New Flyer C40LF's. I have a picture of the suburban Neoplans at the Division 9 El Monte Yard with some NABI's in the shot.

Actually, a lot of them hung on till about 2000/2001, around the time of the deliveries of the early 7000 series NABI's and the New Flyer C40LF's. I have a picture of the suburban Neoplans at the Division 9 El Monte Yard with some NABI's in the shot.

Ah, I guess my memory is fuzzy then. You should throw those pictures up on the wiki!

How do you repair a composite bus when it's in a collision?

Easily. You remove the affected area of structure, you get a new area prepared and ready, and once you have it inserted you layer over prepared sheets of the composite material to cover the seams.

Dan

Suburban buses shouldn't be used on bus rapid transit lines. The idea of BRT is to provide "rail-like" service whenever possible, and buses with a single door and not much standing space don't fit the criteria.

Suburban models can be used on express routes, and sometimes on local routes as well. If LACMTA were to buy NABI 45C with Suburban seats, that would be great, also if they ever order a Suburban bus then it should have 2 doors, which NYCTs Orion V and RTS Suburban have 2 doors.

Suburban models can be used on express routes, and sometimes on local routes as well. If LACMTA were to buy NABI 45C with Suburban seats, that would be great, also if they ever order a Suburban bus then it should have 2 doors, which NYCTs Orion V and RTS Suburban have 2 doors.

Yes but you said that suburban buses should be used on the Orange Line, which is not an express route and would not benefit from suburban buses at all.

LACMTA's current fleet is fine without suburban buses. It allows for more interchangeability should a certain bus not be available, and having ridden NYCT's suburban buses on busy local routes, it isn't a pleasant experience at all.

Yes but you said that suburban buses should be used on the Orange Line, which is not an express route and would not benefit from suburban buses at all.

LACMTA's current fleet is fine without suburban buses. It allows for more interchangeability should a certain bus not be available, and having ridden NYCT's suburban buses on busy local routes, it isn't a pleasant experience at all.

No, LACMTA is not fine without Suburban buses, I mean come on. Suburban buses can be used for Express routes which is "Metro Express" and can be used on Metro Local and Rapid routes.

LACMTA can take over Commuter Express, and All Contracted bus lines as well.

No, I did NOT say the suburban buses can be used on Orange Line , I said Sliver line, read please before posting.

Also tell us a story about your not good experience at all about suburban buses running on busy and low ridership routes?

I know subruban uses can't handle crowd but the run on busy local routes anyways and tell us the sory about it.

No, LACMTA is not fine without Suburban buses, I mean come on. Suburban buses can be used for Express routes which is "Metro Express" and can be used on Metro Local and Rapid routes.

LACMTA can take over Commuter Express, and All Contracted bus lines as well.

No, I did NOT say the suburban buses can be used on Orange Line , I said Sliver line, read please before posting.

Also tell us a story about your not good experience at all about suburban buses running on busy and low ridership routes?

I know subruban uses can't handle crowd but the run on busy local routes anyways and tell us the sory about it.

Commuter Express and contracted lines were given away because the MTA doesn't want them.

Suburban buses on the Silver Line would be a bad idea now that the bus is coming and leaving downtown at the same time, basically you get things like people from El Monte getting off between 7th/Metro and I-110 which never happened on the 44X lines. So the line overall is more active in this regard.

Commuter Express and contracted lines were given away because the MTA doesn't want them.

Suburban buses on the Silver Line would be a bad idea now that the bus is coming and leaving downtown at the same time, basically you get things like people from El Monte getting off between 7th/Metro and I-110 which never happened on the 44X lines. So the line overall is more active in this regard.

I don't know why Metro gave away those lines to those Contracted Bus Lines that are under contracted bus lines (which are lines 125 , 128 , 130, 205, 232, 254 , 256 , 266, 270, 605, 96, 177, 214, 218, 603 and 167).

They should have kept those lines but then again LACMTA can be very stupid.

I guess those lines that are contracted bus lines and the contracted bus fleet are treated like a step child, which is true.

Also so all those commuter expresss routes were formerly LACMTA's?

I don't know why Metro gave away those lines to those Contracted Bus Lines that are under contracted bus lines (which are lines 125 , 128 , 130, 205, 232, 254 , 256 , 266, 270, 605, 96, 177, 214, 218, 603 and 167).

They should have kept those lines but then again LACMTA can be very stupid.

I guess those lines that are contracted bus lines and the contracted bus fleet are treated like a step child, which is true.

Also so all those commuter expresss routes were formerly LACMTA's?

Most Commuter Express lines were LACMTA routes. The reason that lines become contracted or are given to other agencies is because LACMTA feel that they aren't performing well, and so therefore the options are, cancel it, give it to someone who wants to run it, or find a contractor who can operate the line(s) cheaper to lower costs the agencies costs. The lucky routes get picked up usually have two outcomes, they go to a municipal agency and are generally run just as well or better, or they're run by a contractor and suffer.

Most Commuter Express lines were LACMTA routes. The reason that lines become contracted or are given to other agencies is because LACMTA feel that they aren't performing well, and so therefore the options are, cancel it, give it to someone who wants to run it, or find a contractor who can operate the line(s) cheaper to lower costs the agencies costs. The lucky routes get picked up usually have two outcomes, they go to a municipal agency and are generally run just as well or better, or they're run by a contractor and suffer.

well LACMTA can still cancel all the contracted bus routes still since they still have rights, which they proposed for some reoutes.

now speaking of commuter express, Is commuter express buying MCI coaches or Prevost Car soon to replace all the Gillig phantom, 1992 TMC RTS (ex-LACMTA), S&S Apollo T-40, and 1992 Neoplan Metroliner AN340/3 CNG?

well LACMTA can still cancel all the contracted bus routes still since they still have rights, which they proposed for some reoutes.

now speaking of commuter express, Is commuter express buying MCI coaches or Prevost Car soon to replace all the Gillig phantom, 1992 TMC RTS (ex-LACMTA), S&S Apollo T-40, and 1992 Neoplan Metroliner AN340/3 CNG?

They can't really cancel those unless they find someone else to provide the service. I'm not sure why though.

I don't know anything about fleet replacement for LADOT, sure feels like they never buy anything new unless it's for DASH though.

They can't really cancel those unless they find someone else to provide the service. I'm not sure why though.

I don't know anything about fleet replacement for LADOT, sure feels like they never buy anything new unless it's for DASH though.

well, they have't brought new buses since 2004 for Commuter express, but they brought new buses for LADOT Dash this year.

Welll, lets just hope LADOT gives new buses for Commuter Express, if they buy new bus, it should be either the MCI coach or Prevost Car.