[Photos] LACMTA NABI Metro-45C for Silver Line

ATE2

These are the newly arrived NABI Metro-45C for silver line ( El Monte Station – Artesia Transit Center via El Monte Busway and Harbor Transitway), and it looks like they will be a member of 8300s.

The difference between 8100s and 8300s is that 8300s use tinted windows

IMG_9565.jpg

IMG_9567.jpg

Brand new NABIs in front and Neoplan ans Newflyer at the back

IMG_9566.jpg

IMG_9568.jpg

Plus

Foothill transit NABI 42BRT (CNG) at El monte bus station running Silver Streak

IMG_9561.jpg

Thanks for watching

there not from what i heard, so they will repaint it back to Metro local, they did it to some of them already.

not all of them, only few of them repaint back to Metro Local. One of them is shown in picture which is 8364.

• 2 weeks later...

According to some Metro Board documents they're supposed to get 41 compo-buses for line 910 and I'm pretty sure they have every intention to start the service in December, so I wonder what they're going to do if they don't have enough buses.

According to some Metro Board documents they're supposed to get 41 compo-buses for line 910 and I'm pretty sure they have every intention to start the service in December, so I wonder what they're going to do if they don't have enough buses.

They'll probably just use extra 40-foot buses whenever needed.

Bingo! I've also heard NABI builds their buses very well!

In terms of ride quality from a passenger's perspective, NABI's newer buses, from about 2004 onward, are decent. A number of LACMTA's older 40-LFWs (from the earlier part of this decade) ride terribly, although I'm not sure if that can be attributed to NABI or LACMTA.

then I will repeat.....

im all NG'd out!! :D

Bingo! I've also heard NABI builds their buses very well!
In terms of ride quality from a passenger's perspective, NABI's newer buses, from about 2004 onward, are decent. A number of LACMTA's older 40-LFWs (from the earlier part of this decade) ride terribly, although I'm not sure if that can be attributed to NABI or LACMTA.

get over it, NABI is NEVER entering the Canadian market and hopefully they never do.

These are the newly arrived NABI Metro-45C for silver line ( El Monte Station – Artesia Transit Center via El Monte Busway and Harbor Transitway), and it looks like they will be a member of 8300s.

The difference between 8100s and 8300s is that 8300s use tinted windows

IMG_9565.jpg

IMG_9567.jpg

Brand new NABIs in front and Neoplan ans Newflyer at the back

IMG_9566.jpg

IMG_9568.jpg

Plus

Foothill transit NABI 42BRT (CNG) at El monte bus station running Silver Streak

IMG_9561.jpg

Thanks for watching

Nice!! I guess they are the 94 bus option

• 3 weeks later...

CIMG0046-1.jpg

The compo buses have been in use on the lines that 910 will replace in december, and my understanding is that the orange local scheme is simply a vinyl wrap. So I guess they'll just take it off in a few weeks. Above is a picture I just took of the inside (I'm actually still on this bus), the lights are LED's with a matte cover and the only way to request stops is to search for a pole with a button. I can see why that's good for costs but it's really no fun if you're a rider.

• 2 weeks later...

here are some pictures for those new buses put into service. Silverline (910) uses Metro-45C with Orange color and the other new line, 902, uses all silver color Metro-45C

NABI Metro-45C #8392 running Silverline short trip to downtown LA (7th st/Metro CTR) from El Monte station

IMG_9807.jpg

New line 902 Pacoima – North Hollywood Station (local and limited service)

IMG_9827.jpg

IMG_9830.jpg

IMG_9835.jpg

IMG_9847.jpg

Plus

IMG_9846.jpg

Very nice pictures!

The silver 45Cs look excellent -- although the orange "Metro" text on the silver background looks a bit strange. I'm also curious as to why they didn't brand it as a "Metro Liner". And wouldn't it make more sense to put silver buses on the Silver Line?

By the way: how many 45Cs have been delivered so far, roughly? I'm assuming that they're somewhat common now given that all RTSs have been retired.

Very nice pictures!

The silver 45Cs look excellent -- although the orange "Metro" text on the silver background looks a bit strange. I'm also curious as to why they didn't brand it as a "Metro Liner". And wouldn't it make more sense to put silver buses on the Silver Line?

By the way: how many 45Cs have been delivered so far, roughly? I'm assuming that they're somewhat common now given that all RTSs have been retired.

The largest number i saw yesterday on 910 is #8400. However, 823X to 835X are missing.

According to the latest assignment report, there are 8 40 ft RTS and 1 44XX in the status of "pending evaluation"