Nova Bus LFS 2010 #8101-8130

BCT-3122-D800-10240

I know are limitations. I raised a question about the lack of series 8s testing on West lrt and was told by someone on this forum and at transit talk that it was a warrenty issue. No bike racks on any of the novas either... maybe will be added now that warrenty potentially over? If i am not mistaken, the airporters were fitted with racks before they came to Calgary

• 2 months later...

In my opinion unreliable means anything that keeps the bus off the road, when 11% of the Nova's can't go on the road for whatever reason it's an issue

So if they are there for scheduled maintenance on brakes or oil they are unreliable? If they are there so body shop can install an advertise holder on it they are unreliable? Those are just a couple of the reasons i was told to park 4 of my novas on north fence at SG last week...

Advertisement racks I would agree is not a reliability issue and half the Novas at the fence had add racks, and if they are brakes or oil changes I would have assumed that there would be way more Flyers there as the out weigh the fleet 8-1

It would be logical but its all about total milage. What that milage is until it gets maintenance and if its more or less then other buses is a mystery to me. I will say though that last friday was the first time ive ever seen more then 3 or 4 novas on the fence.

I guess the other thing to keep in mind is several of these novas run 7 days a week, along with flyer restyleds...as opposed to the 5-6 days the other flyers run.

Ok my apologies I wasn't aware of this, I just remember everyone commenting 2 years ago about how bad the 8000's were because a number were at the fence and how they were considered unreliable so I just figured of there was any other reason it would have even brought up then :)

I just remember everyone commenting 2 years ago about how bad the 8000's were because a number were at the fence and how they were considered unreliable so I just figured of there was any other reason it would have even brought up then :)

Point taken. I do see what you are saying. But the 8000's, more specifically, #'s 8016-8095 were EPA2007 emission compliant engines that turned out to be rather unreliable along with being very smokey during acceleration to the point that some were worse than some of the 1977-1995 buses that were active at the time. (Some still are as you know..) I have been informed that the newer EPA2010 engines have been better and also cleaner running.

• 6 months later...

Ok what are the odds of this....

Friday night had 8127 on the 42.

Saturday afternoon had 8128 on the 72

Saturday night had 8129 on the 23.

If I get 8130 Tuesday afternoon on the 137 I will faint with shock!

Ok what are the odds of this....

Friday night had 8127 on the 42.

Saturday afternoon had 8128 on the 72

Saturday night had 8129 on the 23.

If I get 8130 Tuesday afternoon on the 137 I will faint with shock!

Buy a lottery ticket... The odds of even three consecutive buses are astronomical... Either that or someone in dispatch has way too much time on their hands.

Turns out that 8129 was my 500th bus driven for CT, unless I counted wrong which is possible.

Since I often get a Nova now from my signup I am starting to notice differences between the early buses and the later buses in the drivers dashboard.

For a start the dashboard light brightness is controlled by a dial on these buses, in the later ones it is a switch that you press until you get the desired brightness.

• 5 years later...