Nova Bus LFS 2010 #8101-8130

BCT-3122-D800-10240

The nw is a Nova hot spot for all day runs!

8114 on the 73

8101,8103,8122 on the 137

8106,8109 on the 143

8117 on the 408

I spoke to the drivers of 8101 and 8106 and the both said that the buses seem to have more pick up then the previous times the had driven the Nova's

I also noticed this on the units i rode today, on of the operatiors told me that they all have had transmission modifications.

does anyone have proof to back up these claims?

The nw is a Nova hot spot for all day runs!

8114 on the 73

8101,8103,8122 on the 137

8106,8109 on the 143

8117 on the 408

I spoke to the drivers of 8101 and 8106 and the both said that the buses seem to have more pick up then the previous times the had driven the Nova's

I also noticed this on the units i rode today, on of the operatiors told me that they all have had transmission modifications.

does anyone have proof to back up these claims?

What proof? All those computer system on the buses for engine and transmission have reprogrammed.

Could you possibly be a bit more specific please? There are a lot of electronics on buses now a days :rolleyes:

Shift points, load adjustments, that kind of fun stuff. They can go into the transmission programing and tell in what to do for certain conditions, even to increased fuel mileage...

There are lots of Novas on all day runs yesterday and today. Anyone know why they are on the 20 since they don't have bike racks.

8117 was out all day on the 408 yesterday

8128 on 20 Key 127 today (saw this bus 3 different times at different locations today, it must be stalking me)

8111 was also on the 20 today

8121 on 72 Key 171 (saw that one @ 11pm by Westbrook, so they are on night runs as well)

There are lots of Novas on all day runs yesterday and today. Anyone know why they are on the 20 since they don't have bike racks.

8117 was out all day on the 408 yesterday

8128 on 20 Key 127 today (saw this bus 3 different times at different locations today, it must be stalking me)

8111 was also on the 20 today

8121 on 72 Key 171 (saw that one @ 11pm by Westbrook, so they are on night runs as well)

There is no Key 127 on the 20... probably 147 as that one is out of SG. 8111 was on Key 144, as well as 8130 on Key 141. Ever since the start of this signup they have been less vigilant about always getting bike racks out on all keys on the 20, so it's not that surprising.

Spotted late in the evening, rte 4 with 8110 and rte 305 key 162 with 8115 last night.

Yesterday i spotted

8119 on the 72

8130 on the 5

8122 on the 73

8121 on the 19/119 The operator of this bus was angery he blamed the bus for him being down time.

Sounds like me blaming the dog for the randoms smells while watching TV :P

Chris Cassidy

Well it does seem with the slow doors and lack of acceleration that our Nova's are probably the slowest lowfloor in the fleet+ the 19/119 is always tight for time so it is believeable that the bus did slow him down. If only our Nova's had ZF 6HP554CN instead of the ZF EcoLife 6AP1200B they would be way faster!

Well it does seem with the slow doors and lack of acceleration that our Nova's are probably the slowest lowfloor in the fleet+ the 19/119 is always tight for time so it is believeable that the bus did slow him down. If only our Nova's had ZF 6HP554CN instead of the ZF EcoLife 6AP1200B they would be way faster!

I think I would rather have the Voith D864 or the Allison B400R transmissions.....I am surprised that operator found 8121 slow as another operator I know had 8121 a few days ago and quite enjoyed that bus.

I think I would rather have the Voith D864 or the Allison B400R transmissions.....I am surprised that operator found 8121 slow as another operator I know had 8121 a few days ago and quite enjoyed that bus.

hmm well still if your used to driving 7981-8015 or 7859-7920 these buses would feel very slow

Maybe it has something to do with the TopDyn thing?

"The TopDyn program helps regulate normal or power drive programs more intelligently. TopDyn selects the best shift points based on the gradient, thus maximizing fuel savings. On starting, the TopDyn program selects the "Eco" mode. For inclines, it selects "Normal" mode. For strong inclines or declines, "Power" mode is selected."

http://www.cptdb.ca/wiki/index.php?title=ZF_EcoLife

The doors will take some adjusting, it took a few months back in 2007 until maintenance got the doors tweaked properly. They're still slow though :P

Chris Cassidy

And it's not just teh Nova's with slow doors. The NFI low floors had slow doors when they were new as well. I recall GM and MCI Classics when they were new in Vancouver that had slow doors as well. Many of the Calgary LFR's have slow doors still !

True another issue we have too though is slow passengers who cant read wave hand here, they try to push, pull, touch, and kick the door open which takes time too. Is it a Nova thing to have these try of doors? It would make mroe sence to me to universalize the touch strip back door in calgary.

The touch strip doors are the worst I have seen (on the LFR and some newer LFs). They only open if you actually use your finger to just barely touch it. If you use your hand, it wont open most of the time. I have seen people kicking, punching, slapping the doors and it wont open.

The bars are the best in my opinion (found in older LFs), where you just push them.

Also, doesnt the Nova has motion sensor doors? I heard the doors automatically as you get near them.

Sounds like the ZF Ecolife transmission is a very complex thing are other cities having problems with it?

Well yes, in Montreal. Most of the drivers were frustrated for the same reasons... They're too slow. :lol: But sometimes they're okay, IMO.

The touch strip doors are the worst I have seen (on the LFR and some newer LFs). They only open if you actually use your finger to just barely touch it. If you use your hand, it wont open most of the time. I have seen people kicking, punching, slapping the doors and it wont open.

Interesting thing is, 99% of the time when I put my hand up to the door without touching it and wait a sec, the door opens. I am referring to 7963 and up as well as the 6000's.

The bars are the best in my opinion (found in older LFs), where you just push them.

Also, doesnt the Nova has motion sensor doors? I heard the doors automatically as you get near them.

I believe they're both motion sensors, just different styles. The doors on 7963+ and 6001+ are very easy to open if you follow the instructions (including the part about WAITING).