Nova Bus LFS 2010 #8101-8130

BCT-3122-D800-10240

Can anybody confirm the price of a Calgary Transit Nova? Speaking to a training officer the other day, he mentioned that a Nova bus is half the price of a NFI bus, also mentioned that they are considering a future order of Nova Artic buses too, is this the end of NFI in Calgary?

Can anybody confirm this?

I've been wondering if they would get Nova artics. Guess a certain CT operator will be happy, by the look of his post above I think he is!!!

Not sure if this ha been mentioned and cant search through the entire thread at work but this morning all the Novas I saw had a little red light flashing in the corner of the destination sign above the driver. What is it?

Its the T.P.S sensor, It sends a infrared message to a sensor at a traffic light sensor (reciever) for traffic priority.

Not sure if this ha been mentioned and cant search through the entire thread at work but this morning all the Novas I saw had a little red light flashing in the corner of the destination sign above the driver. What is it?

You can often see it on the D60LFR's as well.

Its the T.P.S sensor, It sends a infrared message to a sensor at a traffic light sensor (reciever) for traffic priority.

Actually it's the T.S.P. !

8122 and 8123 both on the 137 on what seems to be all day runs. Spotted them both near Dalhousie at around 10AM.

Large amount of Nova's out today

Day Runs:

8102 on the 143

8116 on the 137

8117 on the 20

Unsure about the rest of the Nova's i saw

8119 on the route 8

8105 on the 143

8129 on the 9