Kashiwazaki

Worst public vehicle ever!

Suburban buses running Allison hybrid systems in the Seattle area. Because the Allison system has a CVT instead of a gearbox, buses with them are slow and gutless. Therefore it's pretty dumb they're making them run highway when we see TransLink's XDE60s and DE60LFRs slowly redlining uphill on the 95 B-Line.

The OC Transpo 1st generation Nova LFS' were a piece of junk. They had no suspension and stupid doors. I'm happy they are gone and the STO never ordered them. STM's were even worse since they caught fire a lot. Operators gave them the nickname "Swamp Buggies", Like what heck is that supposed to mean?  It's such a ridiculous nickname in my opinion. 

• Like 1

The TTC's H-series collectively was a far cry from the T-series in pretty much every way. In particular, I could recall that when the H6s braked to a halt, the cabin actually shaked as if the car was skidding along its tracks, accompanied by a ridiculous screeching sound. Not the smooth ride one would expect from a subway car operating into the 21st century.

• Confused 1

On 2017-11-29 at 5:17 PM, ONQCBusFan said:

The OC Transpo 1st generation Nova LFS' where a piece of junk. They had no suspension and stupid doors I happy they are gone and the STO never ordered them. STM's were even worse since they caught fire a lot. Operators gave them the nickname "Swamp Buggies", Like what heck is that supposed to mean?  It's such a ridiculous nickname in my opinion. 

The doors were bad, you're right. I don't know why you had to swipe your hand, but they made it like that. The seats are also not that good, but they were still acceptable by my standards.

You know what? I take back what I said about OC's 1991-1992 Vs. I'm going to change my mind and say LFS. The worst OC vehicle was the LFS, by far. I'd rather take a V that rusts badly than a LFS.

On 12/3/2017 at 5:35 PM, OR Transit Fan said:

Can't stand any shuttle bus.

I also dispise Crown Ikarus, Xcelsior, Nova LS, El Dorado

Please define "shuttle bus."

• Like 1

On 11/29/2017 at 8:22 PM, TTC T6H-5307N 2252 said:

TTC Orion III, VI, VII

You rode the Orion IIIs did you? 

Oh and for me, it would have to be the NovaBus LFS Natural Gas buses that HSR has. Rough as a buckboard, rattles more than a child's toy and there's zero air recirculation beyond the rear doors.

One of the worst vehicles I have seen are:

ElDorado National Axess: These buses are notorious for the annoying engine spark plugs when the engine is running, they have two tailpipes instead of one, and are considered 'smoke launchers' along with the Blue Bird Ultra Low Floor in TARTA's fleet despite the fact these buses run on biodiesel and meet EPA 2007 and EPA 2010 regulations.

New Flyer XN40: The OC Bus XN40s have mostly parallel bench seating in the low floor section and the stair configuration has made me trip in a few occasions.

ElDorado National Aero Elite on Ford F-550 chassis: These buses have their front window obscured by the overhead cabin containing the destination sign. I rode this type of bus once on OC Bus route 191, in which a driver who was not used to that route went slow and inadvertently hit a pole once I boarded that bus.

KinkiSharyo P3010 rail cars: These trains have automated announcement systems similar to the Siemens P2000s, the emergency intercom doesn't work, and they lack certain announcements found on the original Blue Line trains, which will inevitably result in fare evaders along with other problems on Metro without having the cops on the train.

IMG_1058.JPG

IMG_1067.JPG

New Flyer D40i "Infernos" Simply stating they are from the depths of hell for catching fire (literally) and looking so ugly it makes the D40LFR and Orion 7 "Next Junk" and 3g look good.

Orion 7 "Next Junk", as with much things it is not a true "Bus" can't handle bumps, and is literally the least environmentally friendly Hybrid on the planet, only getting beaten by the Tahoe Hybrid.

ALSTOM Coradia LINT-41's, German DMU's, just looks ugly.

MR63's, I love the MR63 as it is old, but that does not say that when it's days were numbered, it was one of the worst things to ride on, I rode on it in 2010 and 2011.

Alexander Dennis Enviro 500's, do I really need to explain? 2 words, F40PH Killer.