Wheel-Trans

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
2 hours ago, TTC Guy said:

W286 is converted and in full Community Bus service. Saw it earlier today on the 402 Parkdale

I had the assumption that they would have eventually ordered some of the Arboc's to replace the community ones.

49 minutes ago, G.A said:

I had the assumption that they would have eventually ordered some of the Arboc's to replace the community ones.

When you already have the parts made to measure, just keep reinstalling them until you run out of buses.

• Like 1

On 9/9/2022 at 7:26 PM, Bus_Medic said:

When you already have the parts made to measure, just keep reinstalling them until you run out of buses.

Are the Ford powertrain more reliable after rebuild?

I assume switching to gas engines has to do with the cost of DEF fluid and emissions?

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Kumiko Oumae said:

#W713 was displayed at Hillcrest last Saturday.

And it seems 80 of the Ram ProMaster buses are being pulled in a year in favor of the larger W7xxs.
https://www.merx.com/ttc/solicitations/open-bids/SALE-AND-REMOVAL-OF-UP-TO-80-RAM-PROMASTER-BUSES-BID-NO-Z09BH22491/0000232480?purchasingGroupId=1177575101&origin=1

They just got them. Huge waste of taxpayers money.

21 minutes ago, G.A said:

They just got them. Huge waste of taxpayers money.

The 80 buses would account for both the 2017 and 2018 orders, which will be 5 and 6 years old next year.

The ProMaster buses were ordered and budgeted with the expectation of a 5-year lifespan, which would not requiring a midlife refurb like the Friendly Buses had to receive.

On 9/21/2022 at 6:06 PM, Articulated said:

The 80 buses would account for both the 2017 and 2018 orders, which will be 5 and 6 years old next year.

The ProMaster buses were ordered and budgeted with the expectation of a 5-year lifespan, which would not requiring a midlife refurb like the Friendly Buses had to receive.

Wow 5 years?  I think the friendly busses lasted longer than 5 years before getting rebuilt. 

Thats unfortunate. How many KM's in 5 years?