On 7/6/2020 at 9:48 PM, bus_7246 said:

W112 has a hybrid paint job. New low floor streetcar style on the driver’s cab, and older style on the main bus

Must have been repaired from an accident.

• Replies 508
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Wheel-Trans update: I managed to get a fleet list from a contact who works in Wheel-Trans. Out of the first order of Friendly Buses, there are only 53 active units. All of the five "ex-demonstrat

Didn’t realize that, thanks. Keep counting your age in fractions, and they’ll be calling you kid long after your 15th.

It’s been here for a little while actually... here it is at Davisville/Head office in January...

Posted Images

• 3 weeks later...

A lot of wheel-trans buses were inside Harvey Shop this evening.
- W248 was being stripped of old decals (prepping stages prior to repainting)

- W275 was in a bay beside W248 with the side windows, hood and front fenders removed 

- W288 is now repainted (W288 was where W248 currently is at the moment last week) awaiting decals

- W277 has also been repainted, with a new set of decals freshly applied

- W203 (an already repainted unit) looks to be in a retired state since all TTC logos, fleet numbers and wheel-trans branding have all been peeled off. The licence plates has also been removed as well

- W246, I guess, may be sitting and waiting its turn for refurbishment as well outside the north side of Harvey Shops

2 hours ago, bus_7246 said:

A lot of wheel-trans buses were inside Harvey Shop this evening.
- W248 was being stripped of old decals (prepping stages prior to repainting)

- W275 was in a bay beside W248 with the side windows, hood and front fenders removed 

- W288 is now repainted (W288 was where W248 currently is at the moment last week) awaiting decals

- W277 has also been repainted, with a new set of decals freshly applied

- W203 (an already repainted unit) looks to be in a retired state since all TTC logos, fleet numbers and wheel-trans branding have all been peeled off. The licence plates has also been removed as well

- W246, I guess, may be sitting and waiting its turn for refurbishment as well outside the north side of Harvey Shops

It is interesting that they are still repainting them yet they are being replaced by the ProMaster vans. Or are they planning on keeping a stack of them?

10 hours ago, TTC 9701 said:

It is interesting that they are still repainting them yet they are being replaced by the ProMaster vans. Or are they planning on keeping a stack of them?

The ones that were being repainted were all from the second order of friendlys. W203 is part of the first order

• 3 months later...

The newest generation of wheel trans vehicle has arrived and in service.  Spotted W700 yesterday at Don Mills Station.  It is a Dodge Promaster cutaway van.  I believe it is identical to the demo presented to TTC earlier this year.  Sadly, I didn't have time to stop and check it out.  I wouldn't be surprise if it is a hybrid. 

I haven't seen an old livery Ford Friendly wheel trans bus lately, I guess TTC has the refurnblished ones left and their dates are numbered.  

• Like 1
4 hours ago, leylandvictory2 said:

The newest generation of wheel trans vehicle has arrived and in service.  Spotted W700 yesterday at Don Mills Station.  It is a Dodge Promaster cutaway van.  I believe it is identical to the demo presented to TTC earlier this year.  Sadly, I didn't have time to stop and check it out.  I wouldn't be surprise if it is a hybrid. 

I haven't seen an old livery Ford Friendly wheel trans bus lately, I guess TTC has the refurnblished ones left and their dates are numbered.  

It’s been out for a couple of weeks now. Regular visitor to malvern for disinfection. It’s not a hybrid.

• Like 1
8 hours ago, leylandvictory2 said:

I saw W109 and W111 in the past few days