Wheel-Trans

On 11/21/2019 at 6:09 PM, Articulated said:

Wheel-Trans update:

I managed to get a fleet list from a contact who works in Wheel-Trans. Out of the first order of Friendly Buses, there are only 53 active units. All of the five "ex-demonstrator" units (W210-W214) have been retired except W211, which is reserved for Community Bus service. All of the second order (W215-W300) are still active. The Wiki pages have been updated with the active units.

In terms of the ProMaster/CS-2 units, all buses that are part of the 2019 order (W580-W627) are in service.

You might want to add this to the wiki if it hasn’t already, W286 is repainted. Before you ask, here’s the photographic proof

A4A9AA67-A433-41BC-9A91-0077DA814A9A.jpeg
This was taken from my old phone, so it may be blurry when zoomed, but the fleet number should be clear enough to see or make out.

• 1 month later...
On 10/14/2019 at 8:48 PM, FlyerD901 said:

I just so happen to go by Lake Shore, where I saw a Promaster, but the body is similar to the Friendlys, but smaller, its all white too. I assume TTC will be checking it out. Looks like some kind of demo.

On 10/14/2019 at 8:54 PM, 2044 said:

Yes, it’s an Arboc demo.

At next week's Board Meeting there is a procurement authorization to purchase more Wheel-Trans buses. In addition to ordering another 20 ProMasters for delivery between this year and 2022, the TTC would like to order 1 ProMaster/Arboc Cutaway demo bus for delivery this year. Upon successful assessment by ACAT of the demo bus, the TTC will order 90 more for delivery this year and 2021. These Cutaways will replace the Friendly Buses, including the community bus fleet.

Procurement Authorization – Purchase of Wheel-Trans Buses

• Thanks 3

Caught W575 Tuesday on Neilson Road, again I’ve been busy, so I couldn’t post this Tuesday.

E38973C5-4F61-43B8-9373-DAE3FA473A85.jpeg

Also Wow, I can’t believe the Friendlies are just going like that, yes I know they’re like 10-11 years old as of 2020 but I didn’t expect this to happen, or at least most of them (at least 10-15) would be converted into community buses and the rest would be retired and gone without a trace.

8 hours ago, AnalogPentium said:

Gonna deviate a bit from this topic just to post a little """tribute""" to the Friendlys that I whipped up because I totally knew they were gonna be decommissioned this early. Enjoy.

Screenshot_3368.thumb.png.cc969bf23c304ef933fc0a5e6e9db3e9.png

That looks really good, especially in the old livery!

That's a nice render, but is the front of the F-450 accurate? I don't recall seeing either generation of the Friendly bus with the basic "work truck" lights & grille.

I'm referring to this look - File0_063544_800600.jpg

I think they always had the more upscale chrome grille/bumper as well as the nicer lights in both generations.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, TTC Guy said:

That looks really good, especially in the old livery!

Thanks, I still got work to do to it!

1 hour ago, MK78 said:

That's a nice render, but is the front of the F-450 accurate? I don't recall seeing either generation of the Friendly bus with the basic "work truck" lights & grille.

I'm referring to this look - File0_063544_800600.jpg

I think they always had the more upscale chrome grille/bumper as well as the nicer lights in both generations.

Thanks for the pointer. The F450 itself is a basic rip due to the sheer fact the cab itself is way out of my skill level.

• 3 weeks later...

Talked to a Community Bus operator today. The Arboc demo is already on property, based on the Promaster chassis. Not currently painted.

On 2/20/2020 at 8:07 PM, Shaun said:

Are those promaster engines reliable? We hear so many bad stories about ram trucks and their build quality. 

Although I heard that those Ford V8's had their fair share of issues. 

I do co-op at Toronto Fleet Services and from what I heard the newer RAMs are much more reliable so I expect it to be the same with the Promaster buses.

58 minutes ago, AnalogPentium said:

Talked to a Community Bus operator today. The Arboc demo is already on property, based on the Promaster chassis. Not currently painted.

It’s been here for a little while actually... here it is at Davisville/Head office in January...

DCD618FA-90AB-4632-9C07-09D78FC0F2A2.jpeg

76487604-DAFC-4F7B-B2C5-92E22B304BFD.jpeg

• Like 6

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...