Wheel-Trans

1 hour ago, 7575 said:

A promaster is a van, simple as that. Kids these days seem to like vans.

It is apart of public transit so they should be documented. As for being part of the Community bus fleet... They are way too small for that.

• Haha 2

• 1 month later...
2 hours ago, leylandvictory2 said:

so how many did TTC orderd for 2019?  I guess the Friendly are worst shape than expected?

The oldest of them are 11 years old. For a medium duty commercial vehicle, that’s end of life. Definitely not unexpected.

The hand grenade mimicking attributes of the 6.4 litre powerstroke definitely make for a strong argument against extending their service lives.

• Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/6/2019 at 7:50 PM, Bus_Medic said:

The oldest of them are 11 years old. For a medium duty commercial vehicle, that’s end of life. Definitely not unexpected.

The hand grenade mimicking attributes of the 6.4 litre powerstroke definitely make for a strong argument against extending their service lives.

Though some of those “medium duty commercial vehicles” are community buses. Thus meaning that some of the can’t retire until the TTC finds another bus to replace it with. Same as the RT. The equipment in it is aging faster than the Concorde. Though again the TTC can’t really find a LRT to replace it without electrifying the rail (when I mean electrify I mean like putting up centenaries and removing the third-rail system). 

On 4/27/2019 at 2:24 PM, 7575 said:

A promaster is a van, simple as that. Kids these days seem to like vans.

Um, coming from a 14 1/4 year old, I’m more of a Lincoln Navigator type of guy. Big SUV that would bring me from point A to point B in style. My other friends tend to like sports and super cars

• Haha 1

22 minutes ago, GTAtransitfan1-Toronto said:

Though some of those “medium duty commercial vehicles” are community buses. Thus meaning that some of the can’t retire until the TTC finds another bus to replace it with. 

Didn’t realize that, thanks.

31 minutes ago, GTAtransitfan1-Toronto said:

Um, coming from a 14 1/4 year old, I’m more of a Lincoln Navigator type of guy. Big SUV that would bring me from point A to point B in style. My other friends tend to like sports and super cars

Keep counting your age in fractions, and they’ll be calling you kid long after your 15th.

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...