Wheel-Trans

2 hours ago, Bus_Medic said:

Forgive me if I’m skeptical that it’s a write off.

If you saw it in person, the bumper brackets which hold them up were pushed right through the panel, the rear doors messed up and the bus looked to be smoking after. The TPS unit faired way worse, pretty bad damage to the engine bay and the hood.

1 hour ago, 7575 said:

If you saw it in person, the bumper brackets which hold them up were pushed right through the panel, the rear doors messed up and the bus looked to be smoking after. The TPS unit faired way worse, pretty bad damage to the engine bay and the hood.

Just wait and we will all know if it gets repaired.

Having spent a stint at lakeshore installing wheel trans’ INIT system, I know how the bodies are put together. Those bumpers are basically designed to break away. Doors are basic aluminum, with a tiny pivot bushing at the bottom. There are underseat heaters at the rear of the bus connected to the coolant system. What you likely saw was steam.

1 hour ago, Bus_Medic said:

Having spent a stint at lakeshore installing wheel trans’ INIT system, I know how the bodies are put together. Those bumpers are basically designed to break away. Doors are basic aluminum, with a tiny pivot bushing at the bottom. There are underseat heaters at the rear of the bus connected to the coolant system. What you likely saw was steam.

It was engine smoke