Wheel-Trans

• 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Friday July 4, I spotted W101 on Finch turning onto Victoria Park and it does not have the destination sign for the Community routes. Just the 'Wheeltrans' lettering.

IIRC, Only W100 and W102-W106 received destination signs. No clue why they skipped over W101.

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Spotted an ELF not sure on the unit #. I also seen W211 with a destination sign on route 10 West Community. It also has a side sign but only displays the route number. I never heard of this route 10.

Apparently this is a Welland Transit Flag Stop route as found through a quick search on Google.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

TTC has a new Mercedes Sprinter bus from Durabus parked at Lake Shore Garage, number T002 or TO02. They could be testing it for Community bus routes, or some form of a shuttle service. It has coach style seats and poles. When/if I decide to go back I will take a picture. Still lots of ELFs around and active.

The problem with these is that you need to use the lift, which looks like it takes up a lot of room. Not to mention the time it would take to load and buckle in a wheel chair person.

Are the friendly's not big enough for community routes?

Or maybe the New flyer (NFI) Mi Di buses or the community service if ttc can test one?

No... the MiDi is not suitable as explained before the TTC needs a special door configuration as like they had on their Orion II"s and what they have on the ELF's and Friendly Buses. a MiDi does not thus can't be used in Community Bus. The Dial-A-Ride sounds like the direction they are going unless that is just a demo bus/van

• 2 weeks later...