Société de transport de Lévis

Classic 9401

There's 8 active classics for St-Levis; 9503, 9508, 9633, 9635, 9636, 9737, 9738, 9739

According to this document issued at the end of June, STL was looking for someone to buy 9503, 9508, 9509, 9633, 9635, 9636 and 9739. This would leave only 2 classic, has anyone seen them in service recently?

https://www.stlevis.ca/sites/default/files/public/assets/stlevis/appels-doffres/2014/appel_doffres_not2014-001ent_ventes_de_7_vehicules_remises.pdf

Make a run to Levis yesterday, say their last two classics 9737 and 9738 on school extras. Also on those extras were ex. RTC units 9605 and 9609.

For all the others, i think some of them still on proprety but soon they will all become coke can.

15017800088_346b0953c6_z.jpgSTLevis 9737 by TransitQuebec, on Flickr

15017691290_9cb8672bb7_z.jpgSTLevis 9738 by TransitQuebec, on Flickr

15204364475_cba0f0903c_z.jpgSTLevis 9609 by TransitQuebec, on Flickr

Thx for the update, can't believe their Classics are almost done as well, it seems that STO Gatineau will be the the very last city that runs Classics in Quebec...........

Not that sure, many TA in Quebec still runs classics: STLaval, RTC, RTL, STTR, STSaguenay etc...

Not that sure, many TA in Quebec still runs classics: STLaval, RTC, RTL, STTR, STSaguenay etc...

wOw Saguenay still runs Classics? Good to know thank you~~

when i was there (and the only time i was there), Saguenay still runs 88's Classics, i guess those are all done by now? I guess they only have 97s or 95s Classics right now at most?

wOw Saguenay still runs Classics? Good to know thank you~~

when i was there (and the only time i was there), Saguenay still runs 88's Classics, i guess those are all done by now? I guess they only have 97s or 95s Classics right now at most?

Oldest classics at ST-Saguenay are the 94's.

• 2 weeks later...

Make a run to Levis yesterday, say their last two classics 9737 and 9738 on school extras. Also on those extras were ex. RTC units 9605 and 9609.

For all the others, i think some of them still on proprety but soon they will all become coke can.

According to the most recent roster, 9737 and 9738 are the only 2 Classic still running at STLévis. The 7 other units left the garage on flatbeds in July.

As for LFS 1st gen, ex-RTC 9605, 9606, 9608 and 9609 are still doing mostly school and Express runs. Saw 9608 doing an L-3 run (as a "doubleur") at Médecine last week.

• 8 months later...

9604-9605-9606-9608-9609-9611-9612

9607 was retired last summer, while 9604-9611-9612 were bought in march and prepared for service in may-june. They should be ready in a few weeks. ;-)

Great thx for the news, is it safe to assume that 9604, 11 and 12 were purchased to replace the 3 retired ex-STO Classics?

Is it a coincidence that they bought the buses consecutively or are those ex-RTC buses just that good?

Maybe to make it easier, not having to renumber units.

The first units were bought as temporary buses, I wonder why they decided to go buy more, they didn't seem to want them when they first came out.

• 2 months later...

Great thx for the news, is it safe to assume that 9604, 11 and 12 were purchased to replace the 3 retired ex-STO Classics?

Nope. The 3 ex-STO Classics were retired long before the STLévis bought the 3 ex-RTC LFS from the Racine scrapyard earlier this year. 9604, 9611 and 9612 spent much of the summer in storage but were back on the road today helping with brand new school runs in the western part of the city. The last 2 Classics (9737 and 9738) were also seen on the road today helping with the school runs. STLévis has publicly stated that it will buy 6 new LFS hybrids in the spring of 2016.

Nope. The 3 ex-STO Classics were retired long before the STLévis bought the 3 ex-RTC LFS from the Racine scrapyard earlier this year. 9604, 9611 and 9612 spent much of the summer in storage but were back on the road today helping with brand new school runs in the western part of the city. The last 2 Classics (9737 and 9738) were also seen on the road today helping with the school runs. STLévis has publicly stated that it will buy 6 new LFS hybrids in the spring of 2016.

must be purchased from scrap yard........................

• 5 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Having spoken to eclair14 about the subject recently, it appears that the Classic era at Lévis is officially over, as their last Classic has retired. There goes the idea of chartering one from this company. I hope their first gen LFS are serving them well!

• 5 months later...

Autocars des Chutes has seen his contract renewed with the STLevis until June 2022. But some bad news for rider in the west part of Lévis ... Autocars des Chutes will receive 8 brand new bread box Girardin G5 buses replacing regular LFS on many depatures

Press release en français https://www.stlevis.ca/nouvelles/2016/12/la-stlevis-ajoute-des-minibus-son-service-de-transport-en-commun-regulier

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, MAX BRT said:

Downsizing eh?

While the network can be busy during rush hours, it's catastrophic outside rush hour, very few people (and we can't blame them .. look at the schedule) use the local buses in the west part of Lévis (less then a people per depature between 7 and 9 pm !) so it's the main reason for the switch.

Note that STLevis operated routes L1 and L3 and Des Chutes parlement express bus will remain with std. buses or artics for L1/L3

• Like 1

14 hours ago, MTL66 said:

For anyone that is interested, Here is the most recent fleet roster from STLévis. July 2016.

Looks like they might still have 2 classics in service, probably last resort spares.

# de serie vin (4).pdf

Both are gone , no more CLASSIC in the Quebec City Area !

On 12/15/2016 at 1:42 PM, eclair14 said:

Both are gone , no more CLASSIC in the Quebec City Area !

According to the wki, Autocars des Chutes still has 7 Classics, including 2 ex-Santa Monica.

I'm guessing that information is a few years old at least....   :)