Société de transport de Lévis

Classic 9401

I think there is only one solution to this. Classic 9401 can scan his RTC employee OPUS card and prove that he's a driver, and if we're wrong then we'll apologize. If Classic 9401 won't do it then we know he's not being forthcoming with who he really is.

I think there is only one solution to this. Classic 9401 can scan his RTC employee OPUS card and prove that he's a driver, and if we're wrong then we'll apologize. If Classic 9401 won't do it then we know he's not being forthcoming with who he really is.

And i if possible, also the STLevis OPUS Card, even if STL dosen't have OPUS yet, staff have them (for boarding ferry and RTC bus for exemple)

SMS is right classic 9401. Enough is enough and we need solid proof now that you're a driver for these 2 transit systems. There are no records of you on file as a driver for the ST-Levis period.. If we are wrong which can be possible, please show us as SMS said. We obviously have enough proof to say that you're not a driver, or else we wouldn't be doing this.

I must admit, this whole thing kinda caught me by surprise. Then again, there have been some discrepancies discovered, as previously outlined here. If this whole thing was supposed to be a joke, we're not laughing, becuase it is not funny in the slightest. As the old adage states, "All that glisters is not gold." I'm no prospector, but I don't see anything golden about any of this. I'm not sure what to believe here. If Classic 9401 can provide us with some kind of concrete evidence that he works for both TAs, which, as Sherman just mentioned, might not even be possible, then everything will be okay, I suppose. But if not, this guy has landed himself in a heap of trouble.

I must admit, I've seen this kind of thing before. I've been a member of numerous message boards over the years, and this kind of thing happens a lot. You have this new member join, and he or she starts making all of these grandiose, yet somewhat believable claims about something. Everyone finds it interesting at first, but eventually, cracks are discovered in the facade, so to speak. Eventually, people begin to question whether this person is telling the truth, or making it all up. As the story begins to unravel like a badly-made wool sweater, the unfortunate truth is exposed.

There is an ad often featured in the Montreal Gazette that best sums up this situation. It features the word Believe, with the three middle letters bolded, like this: Believe. Sounds kind of appropriate, I guess.

As the others have said, we have nothing against you, Classic 9401, but if there's something you'd like to tell us, the time is now. We value honesty here, and as Bob said, "Honesty is the best policy." Think about it.

Now back to serious things for this thread...

Some more buses are now retired in Lévis:

9045 Classic 1990 Ex Grand Rapid MI 158

9060 Classic 1990 Ex Connecticut Transit 9019

8863 Classic 1988 Ex Laval 5838

8865 Classic 1988 Ex Laval 5817

8870 Classic 1988 Ex Laval 5823

8984 Classic 1989 Ex Autocar Des Chutes 89-78 - Ex Detroit DOT 2005

8589 Classic 1985 Ex RTC 8519

So, only one ex-Laval (8864) and one ex-Connecticut Transit (9162) are still on the road for now.

So, only one ex-Laval (8864) and one ex-Connecticut Transit (9162) are still on the road for now.

Thank goodness we went to Levis like 2 weeks ago to get pics! Some of the buses we saw active are dead now! Prefect example is 8589 which we saw in formation 2 weeks ago and now is gone :P

Darn! That's depressing. I was hoping that nothing more would be retired until next year. I am thinking about making a trip to QC in the Spring.

Please let us know the dates Bob! It'd be great to hook up with you.

Not bad timing for that trip eh Steve? :P

Looks like the arrival of the first gens killed these buses off. If now's the time for me to ask for a roster from my supervisor buddy I'd be happy to hook you guys up.

Also the previous problem has been dealt with, he has been given his chance, and we do not tolerate bogus sightings in this section, nor bogus members. This decision is not negotiable and the case is closed.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...

-3 retired units are sitting at ST-Levis garage waiting to be scrapped:

MCI Classics 9098, 9046, 9286

-Both remaining GM Classics 8413R and 8515R are still going strong and were in service today

-Contratry to flase info being said on another board, all 3 Nova RTS's are still active and being used on school extras and as spares. They are not retired. Unit 0142 made it out today as a spare.

A full official ST-Levis roster was obtained and the wiki will get updated in the following days.

-3 retired units are sitting at ST-Levis garage waiting to be scrapped:

MCI Classics 9098, 9046, 9286

-Both remaining GM Classics 8413R and 8515R are still going strong and were in service today

-Contratry to flase info being said on another board, all 3 Nova RTS's are still active and being used on school extras and as spares. They are not retired. Unit 0142 made it out today as a spare.

A full official ST-Levis roster was obtained and the wiki will get updated in the following days.

Good to hear that the older buses are still in service. I was in Levis on Friday and I spotted 8515 running on Highway 20 and a 1992 Classic running along boul. Rive-Sud, but all the buses that stopped at the Galleries Chagnon when I was there were 09XX LFS buses.

Good to hear that the older buses are still in service. I was in Levis on Friday and I spotted 8515 running on Highway 20 and a 1992 Classic running along boul. Rive-Sud, but all the buses that stopped at the Galleries Chagnon when I was there were 09XX LFS buses.

To maximize MCI Classic Sighting, you must place yourself in Quebec City on Laurier Boulevard as many MCI are affected on 27 express, 34 express, 35 express that are not going into downtown levis

• 5 months later...
  • 5 weeks later...