New routes in March 2010 - 427 & 747

Pyerre

A Transitfan or curious driver must have been at the airport this afternoon for the launch of the 747, because someone had changed the destination from "747 EXPRESS Bus" into "120 Lasalle Lachine" . I wonder if this is a new route that will appear in the near future?

Michel Labrecque introduce the 747 bus, however, some one at STM should double check the video before posting it ONLINE, because Labrecque does a major error

Maybe you can put 2 tickets in to count as 1 one passage?

If not then they really should redo the video.

Maybe you can put 2 tickets in to count as 1 one passage?

If not then they really should redo the video.

He says "Et tout les autres titres de transport qui sont admis dans le réseau de la STM sur le territoire de l'île de montréal sont acceptés" (traduction : And every other fare accepted on the STM network on the montreal island is also accepted.

Let's look a the door sticker

faresticker747.png

So : FAIL !

He says "Et tout les autres titres de transport qui sont admis dans le réseau de la STM sur le territoire de l'île de montréal sont acceptés" (traduction : And every other fare accepted on the STM network on the montreal island is also accepted.

Let's look a the door sticker

faresticker747.png

So : FAIL !

LOL, I didn't even noticed it until you showed this photo! :o

It never came to me, but now that i see this sign : How come STM perception boxes do not accept bills?

Something I've been asking myself since they bought them!

And now they're paying for it! It'll be hard enough for foreign passengers coming off the plane to have Canadian bills, it'll be practically impossible for them to have coins, unless they stopped at Tims before boarding.

This is also one of the reasons why some of the CIT's don't have OPUS yet, the technology that the STM uses isn't sufficient for the regions.

Something I've been asking myself since they bought them!

And now they're paying for it! It'll be hard enough for foreign passengers coming off the plane to have Canadian bills, it'll be practically impossible for them to have coins, unless they stopped at Tims before boarding.

This is also one of the reasons why some of the CIT's don't have OPUS yet, the technology that the STM uses isn't sufficient for the regions.

I'll check this afternoon, but I'm sure RTC OPUS p.b.'s accept bills.

EDIT : Hahaha :)

There are still «manual» boxes at RTC, joined to an Opus reader. What was I thinking?..

Can't the CITs use the same technology as the RTC? Seems a very economical solution to me.

I'll check this afternoon, but I'm sure RTC OPUS p.b.'s accept bills.

EDIT : Hahaha :)

There are still «manual» boxes at RTC, joined to an Opus reader. What was I thinking?..

Can't the CITs use the same technology as the RTC? Seems a very economical solution to me.

The AMT won't agree to make the system compatible with theirs...

Here was one of the systems that they had planned to install: http://www.itsmax.ca/

But we're still waiting...

People that dont have canadian coins will be able to buy a 747 ticket at the foreign exchange office at the airport exit or at the Berri bus station.

This new ticket will be in the form of a CPO (Carte a puce occasionnel) like RTL Solo.

The scratch and win style 1 day and 3 day passes will soon be transformed to this format.

The Planibus for the new routes have been posted online. Of interest:

Thanks to Fagstein's blog at http://blog.fagstein.com/ for the info.

Regarding the 196 extension, I've been saying for years that this nowhere-to-nowhere route should have been extended to Metro Cote-Vertu. Looks like the STM finally decided to do it. Now, if only they'd extend the 43 Monselet to Metro Henri-Bourassa. It's wishful thinking, but a man can believe...

The 120 sounds like a good idea as well. I've ridden the 110 a couple of times, and it takes forever because of the many twists, turns, and stops that route has. It will be a godsend for those who want to save time with their commute in LaSalle and Lachine. Plus, it facilitates important connections with several other routes that run in the area at Terminus Newman / Lafleur, and at Metro Angrignon.

What do you guys think of these new routes and service changes?