Cape Breton Transit

TC60102N

Does Cape Breton have any orders for D40LF ? I Saw a bus on the back of a truck heading Eastbound on 401 and was painted very similar to Cape Breton, There was no lettering on the bus and somehow I doubt that a town of that size would be purchasing D40LF. Any comments ?

Does Cape Breton have any orders for D40LF ? I Saw a bus on the back of a truck heading Eastbound on 401 and was painted very similar to Cape Breton, There was no lettering on the bus and somehow I doubt that a town of that size would be purchasing D40LF. Any comments ?

Since their fleets are old, I guess why not they are getting some new buses.

I don't think Cape Creton has any new buses. Their most recent are 4 of the ex-Orlando 30' Orion V buses (7061,62,64,65).

Was the D40LF white with yellow and blue stripes? I saw that bus on the 402 around Sarnia and I did not recognize the color scheme.

Kevin

• 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...
i did see two D40LFs when i was down in Cape Breton for christmas; 7070 on 9 New Waterford leaving the Mayflower Mall and 7072 at the garage

Cape Breton have 7 D40LF's they are 1997 models and came from Broward County in Flordia by possible way of Capital Bus.

Interesting. I wonder if this spells the end of the ex-London and Milton Orion I?

and don't forget the ex-London Orion Vs too, they're 20 years old too......maybe not

Cape Breton have 7 D40LF's they are 1997 models and came from Broward County in Flordia by possible way of Capital Bus.

wow 97s? any idea what #s they were in Broward County before coming up to C.B.?

• 2 weeks later...

i have noticed something, the two ex-GET Orion Vs, there is a picture of 7057 with an electronic destination sign. when i saw it on 5 Sydney Mines, it had a roll sign, same with 7056. i wonder why they switched them out.........

• 10 months later...
Just wondering if anyone has any confirmation on the status of Orion I's that have operated in Cape Breton in the past few years?

Sounds like they have been removed from the active fleet?

See attached PDF file. This is based on the latest active roster from TCB. All Orion 1 buses have been retired as well as the ex-Orion V buses from London. Can somebody update the Wiki?

Cape_Breton_Transit___February_2011.pdf

See attached PDF file. This is based on the latest active roster from TCB. All Orion 1 buses have been retired as well as the ex-Orion V buses from London. Can somebody update the Wiki?

Updated. Thanks for the pdf!

7059 retired? its an almost brand new bus... thats VERY young for a 2007 chevy cutaway

While I don't know for sure, I think this bus has been reallocated. It is no longer listed on the TCB roster but when I was in Sydney in October, I saw it in a parking lot at the University. It had been wrapped for the University earlier so maybe it is now involved in a shuttle operation at the University.

• 4 weeks later...
sucks all the Orion I's have been retired, same with the TC2000 fleet though i wonder if they used to be school buses or if they were bought brand new

All flat-nosed Blue Bird buses used in the last 20 years have been ordered new from BB distributors. Kiley Distributors used to be the Atlantic Canada rep for Blue Bird but it later went to Leed's Transit Sales then to Girardin in Drummondville.

• 3 months later...
  • 3 months later...

Before there was Transit Cape Breton, there were Sydney & Whitney Pier Bus Services and Glace Bay Bus Co. Ltd. Those two companies amalgamated to form that said company in the early 1980s.

I used to ride in Glace Bay buses when I was a little boy back in 1979 and 1980 when I was then in daycare. Most of the Glace Bay buses, pre-amalgamation, were gas-powered Ford chassis using Thomas and Blue Bird bodies (I did ride in them). One rear-engined Glace Bay transit bus was #32, a Thomas/GMC model with a rear-mounted Detroit Diesel 6V53 which was painfully loud (I've never rode in that one). Another one I remember was bus #44, a Blue Bird front-engined transit bus that was also probably Diesel-powered (I've also never rode in that one). I've last seen them back around 1990 in Forchu, N.S., and I miss them so much.