Destination Sign Thread

• 2 weeks later...
Route "170 Walter Baker" flashes on Inveros now. Saw it a few minutes ago

Its probably just the driver hasn't noticed the sign has the P/R on. There is no way that it just started doing that because the card was last updated i believe in november. you would have noticed that sooner. if it was just updated cause the 96, they would not have touched any other routes besides the 96.

• 3 weeks later...
Spotted a 50xx(5072, I think) as the 1 Ottawa Rockcliffe. Thing is, it did not say 1 OTTAWA, it had the Ottawa Rockcliffe just like the Invero's and everything else. Also, effective next booking the 7X's will no longer display 7X SPECIAL or 7X Ottawa Rockcliffe, they are becoming 7X BRITTANY.

MCMG

Meaning there is most likely another reprogramming. The double deckers still have the programing from Fall 2008.

• 10 months later...

I've seen a lot of buses lately (no route in particular it seems) that just have signs flashing for no apparent reason. It's like they're changing to a different route, but it doesn't change...

Also I've seen "MERRY X-MAS" and "SNO-BUS" signs put up in the middle of summer before :huh: (not this past summer... a few summers ago)

I've seen a lot of buses lately (no route in particular it seems) that just have signs flashing for no apparent reason. It's like they're changing to a different route, but it doesn't change...

If it's a Luminator sign, it's because there is sign code put in "PR" (Public Relation messages) where there shouldn't be any. OC Transpo does not have any Public Relation messages (note that Merry Christmas or Sno-Bus, etc, are actually destination sign messages not Public Relation messages).

To get rid of the flash, the operator would have to put "0" as the PR sign code.

If it's a Luminator sign, it's because there is sign code put in "PR" (Public Relation messages) where there shouldn't be any. OC Transpo does not have any Public Relation messages (note that Merry Christmas or Sno-Bus, etc, are actually destination sign messages not Public Relation messages).

To get rid of the flash, the operator would have to put "0" as the PR sign code.

I agree with what Jason said. But it is not the PR on the sign controler, nor the Clever Devices. Since Clever Devices controls the signs, whatever is programmed on the card for CD will display on the sign, most if not all routes blink because the programming for CD. Another thing, with CD, on rte 98, after the bus leaves Walkley Station southbound, signs will all go blank. The only way to fix this and have the signs operate is to go into manual mode and select the 98 route from Greenboro to Hawthorne. If you ignore it, signs stay blank until the bus will leave Hawthorne on a Northbound 98.