Demonstrators - any type or model of bus / coach / school

BCT-3122-D800-10240

Wait, so just to get things clear, Is the LFX demo the same unit or not? Because i thought the it was the same unit beause of the VIN number. But you're saying Strathcona still has a unit because you spotted it recently. So is there 2 units or just one? Sorry if this confuses anyone.

Wait, so just to get things clear, Is the LFX demo the same unit or not? Because i thought the it was the same unit beause of the VIN number. But you're saying Strathcona still has a unit because you spotted it recently. So is there 2 units or just one? Sorry if this confuses anyone.

:blink: They're talking about the ADL E500 demo I got photos of a few weeks ago.

The blue LFX and the white LFX are the same, as proven by the VIN codes :lol:

Chris Cassidy

I haven't heard if they are getting more or not, but the point I was trying to say is that the one that has been spotted is not the same unit that ran in Strathcona County as the last I heard, they still have that bus.

Yeah I know..the one at Strathcona now is ex-Community Transit 27900

This one is ex-Pink Lady 12.8m version..is in a similar livery to Strathcona...that's why I am wonder is it for Strathcona too..

Yeah I know..the one at Strathcona now is ex-Community Transit 27900

This one is ex-Pink Lady 12.8m version..is in a similar livery to Strathcona...that's why I am wonder is it for Strathcona too..

I don't think they'd paint a Strathcona bus like this.... :blink:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/chsscassidy/5.../in/photostream

Yes, this is the same white demo from before.

Chris Cassidy

• Root Admin
So everyone thought it was scrapped? What about the other 2 blue demos out there?

283210_2022195948416_1049474240_31836864_1138796_n.jpg

There were 6 blue demos originally. The initial CNG Prototypes were purchased, stripped and scrapped by MTB a few years ago. I'm very surprised that MTB didn't keep 1043.

There were 6 blue demos originally. The initial CNG Prototypes were purchased, stripped and scrapped by MTB a few years ago. I'm very surprised that MTB didn't keep 1043.

Ah okay! Is 1043 the first Orion VII? I found this article on the MTB Website. That means more buses maybe heading to where 1043 is so i will keep an eye out.

MTB Partners with Conestoga College

Keith Sheardown recently announced that MTB has joined the Apprenticeship Training Consortium (ATC) at Conestoga College. The ATC is a group that works with Conestoga to guide curriculum, foster the development of youth, and create career opportunities in the transportation and motive power fields.

According to Sheardown, workforce development is a key strategy at MTB. `We are in the service business and overhauling transit buses is all about leadership, innovation, expertize and talent. The foundation for this is our people and we are investing for our needs today and the future. Conestoga has a tremendous track record in developing highly skilled mechanics and tradespeople, and the Apprenticeship Training Consortium is an opportunity for us to play a lead role in securing talent for the next generation transit worker. In addition to our participation with the Consortium, we have invested more than $40,000 in new training aids for the students at Conestoga by providing the school with an engine and transmission assembly

• Root Admin
Ah okay! Is 1043 the first Orion VII? I found this article on the MTB Website. That means more buses maybe heading to where 1043 is so i will keep an eye out.

It was the first hybrid prototype built, later used as a demonstrator. The original Orion VII Prototype was built as a CNG unit. Picture below. It was numbered #9125 later in the years.

orion9125A.jpg

#9126 was another CNG Demo built. This unit had the same livery as #1043 for quite some time, along with the original front windshield design. It was later repainted and used as an engineering bus.

orion9126a.jpg

orion91259126.jpg

MTB purchased these units in 2007, when Orion rolled out the "Next Generation" Orion VII. These buses have both since been, I can only guess scrapped. They were stripped pretty good when MTB purchased them.

• 2 months later...

Here are some of the new Eldorado AreoAccess model that was at the MPTA expo:

6247035735_5f1e880f46_t.jpg* 6247559714_2cc131c7b5_t.jpg 6247560856_426e0261c9_t.jpg

*Should've moved the darn flag thing

So basically there are now light-to-medium duty low floor cutaways from Glaval, Eldorado, and Startrans, anyone else? I'm thinking IC Bus and Friendly bus are somewhat different due to size. At any rate it looks like ARBOC is getting some competition.

• 2 weeks later...
Except for the first prototype at APTA 2008... or perhaps we should call that one a "B/A DE40LFR." :D

Here's a photo of the first Orion VII NG in New York City, 1292A, in June 2007. It entered service later that year in Queens (with MTA colors, and sans the bike rack), and was eventually returned to Orion.

o7ng-2.jpg

(Off-topic: wow, I can't believe that it's been more than two years already!)

Hey, R. McConnell, Do you happen to have any pictures of the Orion VII NG EPA10 MTA demo? I have a few photos of the TTC EPA10s but those are actually in service and I am curious to know what the demos look like.

Looks like the "rear-window-less" LFS demo was used for a Shuttle yesterday night! :)

[image removed]

http://www.metrodemontreal.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=14753

Here are more photos (mostly the interior), special thanks to Rotax who shared this link. :)

http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.3...6771&type=1

• 2 weeks later...

A heads-up:

Spoke to the people of NovaBus while attending the CUTA TransExpo on Tuesday. They indicated to me that the same green/white HEV demo without the rear-window will be in Burlington next week. The info I was given was that it will be in the garage for the mechanics to look at, to be driven by a mechanic as well as a few drivers, too. As far as whether it will see service, that is still to be determined.