Zhong Tong Bus

MiExpress

While on the way to the Belleville charter yesterday we stumbled upon this bus going east on the 401 just after Couborg. At the back it says "Zhong Tong Bus" so I think it's chinese. I know a few other board members got shots of this bus as well. Could this possibly be here for CUTA?

Of interesting note, it has New Brunswick Plates...

zhongtong_a.jpg

zhongtong_b.jpg

Nice shot, better than mine.

http://www.made-in-china.com/showroom/zhon...-LCK6120G-.html

http://www.alibaba.com/product-gs/20870170...G_city_bus.html

Not exactly the same as what the picture shows, but it does tell the description. I wonder if there's a small dealer that does the imports based from the license plate.

While on the way to the Belleville charter yesterday we stumbled upon this bus going east on the 401 just after Couborg. At the back it says "Zhong Tong Bus" so I think it's chinese. I know a few other board members got shots of this bus as well. Could this possibly be here for CUTA?

Of interesting note, it has New Brunswick Plates...

Awesome! I like the word "Sunny" on the front of the bus.

• 1 month later...

Very nice looking bus. I saw it at a truck stop East of Quebec City on its way back to NB. Got a chance to see that it has Cummins ISL280, ZF axles and Michelin tires. The console has ZF logo next to gear selectors, so likely ZF Ecomat transmission. Talked to the driver for a few seconds before he was off again, but did say that it handled very well & was very nice to drive.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

Sunny's back!!

Transplus of Fredericton, NB had the Zhong Tong LCK6120GCA "Sunny" bus on display at OTE today. Looks similar to the model pictured above. From what i could gather, the bus uses north american parts (Cummins ISL280, ZF Econmat 6 Trans, Meritor Suspension, etc.) which are all sent over to china for final assembly. Price.... anywhere from 80 to 100K less than comparable models

here's a few pics

DSC02211.JPGDSC02207.JPGDSC02208.JPG

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
3 BUSES AVAILABLE - 2009 Transplus GSA 40LF Transit Bus, UNIT #607 has 6,275mi (10,120KM), UNIT #608 has 1,610mi (2,595KM), UNIT #609 has 1,710mi (2755KM). All units are in NEW CONDITION with warranty. • CMVSS (Canadian DOT) approved. • FMVSS (USA DOT) approval is in process. • Altoona testing to be completed in 2011. • 1-year/30,000 mile warranty. o Folding hydraulic wheelchair ramp by BRAUN Corp. at front door. o Delivery within Continental USA and Canada Other Features: • Buses are for Heavy Duty Applications. • USSC Driver seats. • Micheline tires 305/70R22.5. • ECAS with Multi level ride height adjustment and kneeling function • Drive train is 100% NA standard equipment with parts widely available. • Bendix 4-wheel disc brakes with ABS and ASR - Anti Spin Regulation for less than ideal conditions. • Dry weight 27,558lbs. (12,500 kg.

Don't know if that means they didn't make it - there's still warranty left and Altoona testing to be completed.

• 5 years later...

Four Zhong Tong Sunnys were imported to Canada by TransPlus Inc, of Fredericton NB, the Canadian dealer.  After being tested and approved for use by Transport Canada and an agency in the U.S., one was sold to the Town of Cornwall, Prince Edward Island, and operated for them by T3 as part of the Charlottetown municipal service. The one shown in this photo was sometimes loaned by TransPlus to T3 as a spare when its Zhong Tong was being serviced. One (and possibly 2) of these buses remains unsold at the Coach Atlantic garage in Dieppe NB. Possibly the T3 bus is the only one sold.     

• 3 years later...