Bus Driver

Prince Albert, SK. Transit

Had to use built in tools in windows as i don't have Lightroom on the laptop. Surprised I was even able to open the RAW file.

Very nice find guys! This was definitely the last bus I thought they picked up when I first heard about them getting a 1998 Nova LFS. Thanks for sharing this image!

http://www.awesysnet.ca/cptdb/uploads/DSC01049.jpg Had to use built in tools in windows as i don't have Lightroom on the laptop. Surprised I was even able to open the RAW file.

I thought that bus had structure issues that is why TransLink retired. I am surprised that did not modify the livery. Thank you for getting a photo of her.

awstott   

And a nice driver reaction to top it all off! Very nice!

I think she was sick of having her picture taken by the third time she went around her route.....

awstott   

I thought that bus had structure issues that is why TransLink retired. I am surprised that did not modify the livery. Thank you for getting a photo of her.

Can you remove the Image from your quote please? We don't need to see the fullsize image in multiple posts. Thanks!

Agreed! I wonder if she likes that bus?

Probably handles pretty nice, maybe she thought it was nice to get her picture taken too.

I like the blue bike rack, too. Looks cooler than the regular silver bike racks.

highfive   

Surprising.... was told it was not worth fixing for the amount of $ required but obviously it wasn't as bad as was made out to be. It is definitely a beautiful bus. One of the best Novas I have driven.

Guess they have new cutaways too. We saw 2-3 with electronic signs... Only got a crap shot of 1 as I was going for the 40' units more than anything.

Ditto, although I did manage one additional shot. One potential problem with the cutaways is that they could easily be swapped between PA and other services run by First, so it might be

difficult to determine exactly what makes a bus "part" of the PA fleet outside of the full sized units.

DSC07582e.jpg

DSC07582e.jpg

post-232-0-71492000-1430374587_thumb.jpg

post-232-0-71492000-1430374587_thumb.jpg

Guess they have new cutaways too. We saw 2-3 with electronic signs..

Prince Albert has 2 new cutaways, 146258 and 146259 are 2014 Ford E-450 cutaways with Starcraft bodies and 24 seats.

The other cutaways in the fleet are 09-2538 to 09-2541 as well as R196 and R197.

Surprising.... was told it was not worth fixing for the amount of $ required but obviously it wasn't as bad as was made out to be.

That was the suspected reason as to why 981 was retired, but the true reason it was pulled from service was because it would have been overly complicated to rewire the bus for Compass Card readers and for TMAC stop announcements, it would have cost far more than what it was worth.

The fact 981 is now in Prince Albert proves that she is still capable of continuing service.

Also for the D40LFs, is it possible one has a red stripe? 965 went missing in 2013 and nobody knows where it is.

I thought 981 got scrapped, so much for structural issues, glad to see it's still around, I can remember riding that as 7298 on the 106 New West Stn many years back,

Sorry, you might be waiting a while. There are no transit enthusiasts that I know of living there, and I don't go down to P.A very often. Last time I was there, they hadn't even got their D40LFR yet.

awstott   

Someone that goes there after the Winnipeg D40 Charter might be able to shoot a video for you.... maybe. I doubt I'll be going back to PA any time soon - what a sketchy city.

Prince Albert Transit #5003 is a 2002 D40LF and is ex-Regina Transit #597. Was told that they just got this bus about a month ago. Also photographed 4714 in service as well. None of the former West Vancouver D40LF's were out today for the midday.