Prince Albert, SK. Transit

Bus Driver

That's a sticker O_o ? I thought it was some sort of modified roll sign.

Magnet with sheet metal cover! And yes, they do change their sign regularly!

They hated the Luminators THAT much, that they placed a panel over it with a route sticker?!!? :blink:

Um, they have the old Luminator sign, so pretty much it went kaput!

In my original message, I had a typo. What you think is ex-WV 956 would be 4710, not 4712 although this would still have to be confirmed by checking the VIN plate. There was one other ex-WV unit at the Prince Albert garage which would have not been the one at Big Rig. I do not know the ex-WV number of the 3rd bus (assuming it is 4711) that was sitting at the garage as we were turned down in our request to get a photo of it.

It was supposed to enter service in early October. By the way, if anybody is going to Prince Albert to get a shot of these buses, note that the D40LF buses are only used in the peak periods. During the middle of the day, they are changed off with cutaways which operate on the affected routes.

Thanks for the info :P

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 7 months later...

I stumbled on this article while doing some Google searching - http://panow.com/node/425294 - and this confirms they do have a former West Vancouver unit numbered 4711 as there is an image of it in the article.

It is interesting that they did not cover the destination sign with a steel plate on 4711. It appears that the Luminator sign is working on this unit.

On the bus, the seats were not comfortably padded and during each bump along the way, I felt as though I was going to fall out of my seat.

This user said the city buses are extremely uncomfortable to ride, especially if you are a senior or someone with special needs

Those seats are very comfortable, much better than the padded ones on top of sheet metal.

Also since this bus does't have that sticker or plate, how would people know which route its operating on and is it possible to find out which unit it was when it was over here ?

• 7 months later...

I received a fleet listing from CUTA for Prince Albert and it has bus 4714, listed as a 1998 Nova LFS. Does anybody have more information on this unit? Where was it purchased from?

Odd, maybe an ex-Regina 800 series one.

Could have been one of the Novas from Regina or Charlotte Area ones

Ex-Saskatoon Transit?

Not Saskatoons, ours were 1997's.

EDIT: maybe ex-Saskatoon 503? 504 has been spotted in a scrapyard near saskatoon. 503 last was seen at pbr auctioneers in late november 2014.

• 2 weeks later...