Bus Driver

Prince Albert, SK. Transit

107 posts in this topic

P.A. Getting 3 of the ex Vancouver Newflyers.

Very interesting news ... if there is any way to let us know the former fleet numbers (or the VINs), that would really be appreciated.

I received an updated fleet listing from Prince Albert and it shows 3 Bluebird Q buses (3039, 3045, 3047). It appears that 3303 is no longer active. Bus 3047 is a new (used) bus on the roster and is another one of the former Airdrie Commuter buses operated by Cardinal (First Transit).

I just had to document and measure for future advertising wraps while they were in the shop here in Saskatoon.

I will post some pics after they are active in P.A. Rusty but trusty as-is newflyers lol. I dont get that detailed "vin". I just had to document and measure for future advertising wraps while they were in the shop here in Saskatoon.

Good to hear that a few more ex-West Van Blue Buses have found a new home. Thanks for keeping us posted.

2 shuttles back attacked. And an ex Vancouver.

155745_443683399049591_1716928297_n.jpg

Thx for the pics, so they didn't even bother repainting them before putting them into service?!

Does anyone know if any of the ex-WV units have been repainted or been in service yet?

I don't know if they have been in service yet, but I can tell you that P.A. Probably didn't bother repainting them,

Guess this is a good question for buswrappervern...

At least two are active now... I need to get up there. Need funding for me to get there first however...

Two are active and I do have photos but cannot upload for another week or so (I am in Europe). One is ad wrapped but one was running around in West Van colors with only logos applied. The third is supposed to be active in October.

The biggest contronversy in town is one of the ads on the side of a cutaway that shows a grown man in a diaper. Words cannot describe this, you will have to wait for the photo.

They were not too friendly at the garage though as we were not allowed to go and photograph the 3rd unit. "This is private property, you are not allowed to take photos".

At least two are active now... I need to get up there. Need funding for me to get there first however...

Would that happen to mean a Saskatchewan and possibly Manitoba trip? And I'm pretty much in the same boat for Calgary/Edmonton... $200 stashed away (arguably enough for a one-way Greyhound ticket), need at least another 600-800 to make it even remotely viable for a fan trip (hotel/food and shopping expenses, as theres no PST ;) ).

Two are active and I do have photos but cannot upload for another week or so (I am in Europe). One is ad wrapped but one was running around in West Van colors with only logos applied. The third is supposed to be active in October.

The biggest contronversy in town is one of the ads on the side of a cutaway that shows a grown man in a diaper. Words cannot describe this, you will have to wait for the photo.

They were not too friendly at the garage though as we were not allowed to go and photograph the 3rd unit. "This is private property, you are not allowed to take photos".

Thats kind of rude. It's only a bus too...

Good to hear that a few more ex-West Van Blue Buses have found a new home. Thanks for keeping us posted.

Yeah for sure, do you know if translink's retired D40lfs were on the market too?

The ad wrap got attention didn't it, did its job. I didn't install it but have the design mock ups.

Remember we live in age if instant youtube trouble. Did you ask nice and explain the purpose of the camera? While wearing your safety wear?

Thats kind of rude. It's only a bus too...

It is a maintenance shop, and it's entirely within their rights to deny entry, if that's their decision. Period.

It is a maintenance shop, and it's entirely within their rights to deny entry, if that's their decision. Period.

That is true though, safety does come first. Seeing my friends chop fingers off in woods because of distractions was pretty bad. Could imagine what a camera accidentally on flash can do in a heavy-duty mechanics environment...

Does anyone have any pics of the ex-West Van D40lf units that Prince Albert picked up?

Here are shots of Prince Albert 4710 and 4712. I am also attaching a shot of cutaway 09-2538 with the somewhat controversial ad. D40LF 4712 is ex-West Vancouver 967. I do not know the ex-WV number of 4710.

Prince Albert Transit 2538 - 17SEP13.jpg

Prince Albert Transit 4710 - 17SEP13.jpg

Prince Albert Transit 4712 - Downtown - 17SEP13.jpg

Prince Albert Transit 2538 - 17SEP13.jpg

Prince Albert Transit 4710 - 17SEP13.jpg

Prince Albert Transit 4712 - Downtown - 17SEP13.jpg

post-192-0-03459400-1382055495_thumb.jpg

post-192-0-38934400-1382055508_thumb.jpg

post-192-0-42826300-1382055522_thumb.jpg

Interesting way to block off the destination signs!

Thanks for sharing those photos!

Interesting way to block off the destination signs!

Thanks for sharing those photos!

+ 1 :)

Here are shots of Prince Albert 4710 and 4712. I am also attaching a shot of cutaway 09-2538 with the somewhat controversial ad. D40LF 4712 is ex-West Vancouver 967. I do not know the ex-WV number of 4712.

Thanks for the awesome shots! I have a feeling that 4712 might be ex- WV 956, though I am not certain. There is still another unit for you guys being refurbished at Big Rigs, ex-WV 953.

Thanks for the awesome shots! I have a feeling that 4712 might be ex- WV 956, though I am not certain. There is still another unit for you guys being refurbished at Big Rigs, ex-WV 953.

In my original message, I had a typo. What you think is ex-WV 956 would be 4710, not 4712 although this would still have to be confirmed by checking the VIN plate. There was one other ex-WV unit at the Prince Albert garage which would have not been the one at Big Rig. I do not know the ex-WV number of the 3rd bus (assuming it is 4711) that was sitting at the garage as we were turned down in our request to get a photo of it.

It was supposed to enter service in early October. By the way, if anybody is going to Prince Albert to get a shot of these buses, note that the D40LF buses are only used in the peak periods. During the middle of the day, they are changed off with cutaways which operate on the affected routes.

Wow... can I say that the system (and especially the ex-WVMT New Flyers) looks rather ghetto / old school with those destination signs? lol.

They hated the Luminators THAT much, that they placed a panel over it with a route sticker?!!? :blink: