Nova Bus LFS (all models)

dj.surf.lfs

Has anyone noticed in 4th gen Novas that when the bus makes a turn with full lock steering, there's this squealing kind of sound when the wheel ends up straightening out? Anyone know what that could be? I've heard it multiple times; seems to come from the driver side front wheel well. 

Heard it on multiple novas from multiple agencies. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

PLATTSBURGH, N.Y., Feb. 28, 2020 -- Leading North American transit bus manufacturer Nova Bus starts the year with the win of a New York State Metropolitan Transportation Authority (MTA) contract.

The awarded contract for Nova Bus is for 165 - 40 ft hybrid buses (with BAE propulsion system) with options for 126 hybrid buses and 209 diesel buses for a potential total amount of up to 500 buses. Nova Bus’s superior delivery schedule and greater New York State Content for the hybrid buses are qualities recognized by the Nova Bus’s customers, and certainly contributed to the decision of the MTA. The first pilots will be delivered in May 2020 and the rest of the deliveries will begin in December 2020 and to be completed in 2021.

Source: Nova Bus press release here: http://novabus.com/nova-bus-kicks-off-2020-biggest-us-contract-history/

• Like 1

• 4 months later...
On 7/9/2020 at 2:52 PM, Bus_Dealership said:

did yall ever though for a second about how the older LFX demo looked way european to be an american bus? just compare the bus with a typical european volvo bus...

Nova_Bus_LFX_demo-a.jpg

ohno.jpg

Has the LFX ever been offered with CNG, HEV, or Electric powertrains?

2 hours ago, Jova42R said:

Has the LFX ever been offered with CNG, HEV, or Electric powertrains?

No. The LFX was just a BRT brand for the LFSA which the LFSA does have the HEV option. I have not seen them offer the CNG or electric versions yet. Checking Nova's website, it looks as the "LFX" is no longer being offered.

On 7/9/2020 at 2:52 PM, Bus_Dealership said:

did yall ever though for a second about how the older LFX demo looked way european to be an american bus? just compare the bus with a typical european volvo bus...

Nova_Bus_LFX_demo-a.jpg

ohno.jpg

I think the thing that probably makes you think that the most is the front bumper, or lack thereof. Alexander Dennis had the same with the 2012 era E500s, but the operators (GO and OC Transpo) struggled with damage so the big black energy absorbing ones have been fitted on OC's 2017 E500s and the rear of GO's SuperLo buses. The other thing that stands out on that Nova is frameless windows with the surrounding area painted black and the hubcaps, all of which could be fitted to any other vehicle.

• Like 1

• 3 months later...
4 hours ago, sdgta2008 said:

I've just seen this article about up to 85 layoffs in St-Eustache: https://laurentides.cime.fm/nouvelles/economie/340796/compressions-chez-nova-bus-a-saint-eustache

Didn't the TTC already choose Nova Bus for their next massive order...?

The order still hasn’t been placed, or even picked a winner for the bid I believe

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 7 months later...

New York City Transit has pulled their entire fleet of new Nova LFS hybrids out of service due to an issue with a rear door opening while a bus was in motion.  I'm not familiar with the design of those doors on their newer buses, but I'm assuming that there are other agencies operating LFS's with that same door design.  Just curious if anyone has heard of similar problems elsewhere. 

3 hours ago, RailBus63 said:

New York City Transit has pulled their entire fleet of new Nova LFS hybrids out of service due to an issue with a rear door opening while a bus was in motion.  I'm not familiar with the design of those doors on their newer buses, but I'm assuming that there are other agencies operating LFS's with that same door design.  Just curious if anyone has heard of similar problems elsewhere. 

…….?

On 10/25/2021 at 6:55 AM, RailBus63 said:

I believe so far the MTA is the only one with that plug style door, I’ve seen Enviro500s with that issue happen before and Nova recently has had issues with regular rear doors in various Quebec agencies 

On 10/26/2021 at 5:52 PM, ZümmyZüm said:

I believe so far the MTA is the only one with that plug style door, I’ve seen Enviro500s with that issue happen before and Nova recently has had issues with regular rear doors in various Quebec agencies 

Oh yeah, I can see the plug doors here, never knew that was an option on the LFS:

• 5 weeks later...
  • 9 months later...

Can anyone further solve the mystery why the original TTC #8789 was rejected? Was it an minor damage? It isn’t even mentioned on the 8720-8964 wiki article unlike Brampton's #0609 but the old #8789 now operates as Autobus Galland #7176 (#7004). The VIN 4RKYL82J3H9776248 shows a new #8789 was built after #8918 and #8919.

• 3 weeks later...