Stolen Photos!

MCW Metrobus

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Blue Bus Fan said:

@8800GTX can you please gave the cridit for this photo of the D60LF. I actually don't really care if that you did that becuase I agree with what you say, and I wouldn't you get banned for do this. Next time just give the credit to the person.

This photo:

(snip)

Just an FYI that I've contacted him and that he'll get to it at some point. Currently he's away on a trip.

7 hours ago, Blue Bus Fan said:

@8800GTX can you please gave the cridit for this photo of the D60LF. I actually don't really care if that you did that becuase I agree with what you say, and I wouldn't you get banned for do this. Next time just give the credit to the person.

This photo:

(snip)

Just an FYI that his website was giving unexpected behaviour after the URLs were moved around, but it should be fixed now for that photo at least.

• 1 month later...
19 hours ago, 160 Downriver said:

Lots of stolen material here. Ironically, the owner of this website just joined this site today too!

http://www.michigantransitinfo.webs.com/

In the last thread I apologized for not giving credit to the person who made the base model but honestly I created the rear of the bus the windows on the sides and I did the graphics so if you claim their stolen im sorry but I felt like I should post my work because I'm sick of seeing people try to beat me to making Michigan buses especially if they don't live here the guy that made you the DDOT xd40 did a great job but they put the wrong rims on it I just feel like I can do a better job seeing as I actually live here and see these buses all the time versus someone creating a templet of a request someone wanted of a picture when they haven't seen the real bus so do you understand where I'm coming from I've been making these buses for years since I was 12 and I've never been able to put my work out there and a lot of people have beat me to some things that I've already done way before they have even had the thought so there you go 

First, you used a base image without permission. Doesn't matter how much you used, you still used someone else's work, covered by copyright, without permission.

Second what strikes me is why do you have to be first? I didn't realize this hobby was turning into a competitive sport to see who can be first. If you can do a better job than someone else, great, but you don't need to be first. Especially if being first means that you used copywritten material without permission, which can then upset the original creators and disillusion them from creating new material.

• Like 13

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
16 minutes ago, Transit 20 said:

looks like sombody is stealing pictures again none of mine are on here but i believe a few members from here are on this site.

www.https://www.flickr.com/photos/ryantilley/

Sir, this is a respected board members Flickr site. He provides accurate, well researched material to this board. 

I sure the hell hope that you can actually back up these accusations, or else you should probably start apologizing NOW.  

• Like 5

24 minutes ago, Transit 20 said:

looks like sombody is stealing pictures again none of mine are on here but i believe a few members from here are on this site.

Isn't that @Silly Tilley? He's one of the most respected board members here... I don't know why you labelled his Flickr Account with stolen pictures...

You also can really look for the simularities of that Flickr user's username and the one on the board before posting the accusation here

• Like 5

On 3/2/2017 at 4:34 PM, Transit 20 said:

You do realize some photos of his are from charters where many people take the exact same shot as his. I strongly believe none of the photos he has on his Flickr is stolen. He's a very respectable member on this board. 

• Like 3