YVR Spottings

MCW Metrobus

Spotting during 2010 Winter Olympics:

1. Staff parking lot behind RCMP Building has been closed.

2. CAF CC-177s (C-17A) have been in and out, so far brought in 8 CH146 Griffon helicopters.

3. Runway 12/30 will be closed and used for parking large VIP planes. Good view from the new public observation area in the domestic terminal.

4. A large warehouse like building has been built on the former staff parking at North Service Road and McDonald. Olympic athletes will be bused there, check in, and bused directly to their charter planes.

More info will be posted when available.

VP-CNI is actually home based in YVR. It is usually parked on the western side of Landmark (or Shell) on the south side. Many business jets are registered in Caymen Island (may be for tax or legal reasons), thus VP-.

I believe this plane is owned by the holding company controlled by Mr. Frieland who makes his fortune in mining (Ivanhoe Mining etc.).

Shes at KFC in YLW quite frequently.

2. Avis Lot probably will be closed as YVR is putting up fences on McDonald Road (access road to Avis lot).

I believe that this area will be home to the temporary YVR Olympic bus staging lot. Not sure of the exact positioning of the lot itself, but I will be working in that lot during the Games so I will investigate.

Cathay Pacific Boeing 747-400 will be back to YVR since next Friday until 17 Jan 2010, every Tuesday, Friday and Sunday on CX838/839~~

Today's flight was operated by B-HOW.

• 4 weeks later...
Anyone know why there was a CX 889 scheduled to depart at 19:00 tonight, which only just received its ATC clearance right now? Broken down plane from a day or two ago?

Apparently it's the problem of the weather in JFK, and also APU doesn't work when it was arrived YVR, they need the airstart during departure~~

Special sighting @ YVR last Saturday beside Aeroflot A332 & Canada A310

Alaska Airlines Boeing 737-890 with Boeing scheme N512AS @ AS703 from LAX~~

Alaska_N512AS.jpg

Continental Boeing 737-924ER N37418 sitting @ YVR gate 86

Continental_N37418.jpg

Korean Air Boeing 777-2B5ER HL7733 with Skyteam Alliance scheme~~

Koreanair_HL7733-1.jpg

Mexicana new scheme A319 XA-CMA~~

Mexicana_XA-CMA.jpg

:P:)

Again, not YVR, but its nice to see that Kelowna Flightcraft is now working on Delta's 757s for winglet retrofits at YLW. After seeing so many NW 757s in YLW. Went by tonight, and there was one of DLs birds on the ramp waiting to go into the hanger :(

Again, not YVR, but its nice to see that Kelowna Flightcraft is now working on Delta's 757s for winglet retrofits at YLW. After seeing so many NW 757s in YLW. Went by tonight, and there was one of DLs birds on the ramp waiting to go into the hanger :(

Was snooping around on the civil air registry earlier and Kelowna Flightcraft has bought another DC10=30

Was snooping around on the civil air registry earlier and Kelowna Flightcraft has bought another DC10=30

God bless KFC for keeping the DC10 and B727 in the skies :(

Was reading an article where the CEO said they were looking at the L1011 as well, but since Lockheed no longer provides any support for it, it wasn't feasable to operate ... real shame.

• 1 month later...
This isn't at YVR. But I usually don't take plane pictures - I was with Silver 102C3 at the time, so he would be able to give you more info. :P

lufthansaD-AIGC.jpg

Lufthansa D-AIGC. My guess is Airbus A320?

Off by one digit. It's an A340. ^_^ Waaaay too big to be an A320. And if it's on approach to a YVR runway, it counts as at YVR, in my books!

I believe that plane made another visit a couple of days later.

That's awesome. Were you flying besides the plane when you took the pic? :P I've noticed that most planes are very photogenic.

Especially when they put on shows like this. :huh:

The LH photo is definitely taken at YVR. Most likely from North Service Road between Templeton St and AC hanger north.

It was actually taken from a moving bus. We proceeded from Grant Mc Way westbound left onto southbound Templeton, then another immediate left onto Miller Road, it was after we made the left onto Miller that the plane flew by on approach.

It was actually taken from a moving bus. We proceeded from Grant Mc Way westbound left onto southbound Templeton, then another immediate left onto Miller Road, it was after we made the left onto Miller that the plane flew by on approach.

It is the same general angle.

Anyone spotted any Flightcraft DC-10s lately? I just haven't seen a DC-10 on the ramp the times I've driven past the airport the last few weeks. Perhaps more importantly, has anyone spotted C-GKFD yet?

KF DC10s now come into YVR around 1930hr and depart around 2300hr. Wait till the day gets longer.