YVR Spottings

MCW Metrobus

• 4 weeks later...
Unconfirmed rumour, JAL will switched to 772ER from 744 since Oct 1 2010 due to the cut cost by JAL~~

The Japanese government actually has proposed to cut the route NRT-YVR altogether. According to a travel agent friend, she told me this route's load factor is quite good but recently lacks high rolling business travellers.

Damn, so YVR will lose another regular 744...

At this point in time, I'm thinking any 747 will do and not just the 744 :P

Seriously, which regular 747s are left in YVR now. I can just think of BA.

The Japanese government actually has proposed to cut the route NRT-YVR altogether. According to a travel agent friend, she told me this route's load factor is quite good but recently lacks high rolling business travellers.

Thats a problem with lots of routes, lots of VFR capacity but the yield is low ... :D

At this point in time, I'm thinking any 747 will do and not just the 744 :angry:

Seriously, which regular 747s are left in YVR now. I can just think of BA.

There's EVA, but that's not daily. I think there are a few flights here and there in the schedule that are 77W.

Though here's an up and coming "special sighting", in a couple of weeks I'll be getting on a CX 747... :D

Though here's an up and coming "special sighting", in a couple of weeks I'll be getting on a CX 747... :)

Oh please, do share :lol:

B747 (other than JL) regular service to YVR:

EVA on DAY 357

BA daily and 2x daily in summer

CX currently on DAY 257

CX Cargo CX91 DAY 1, CX87 DAY 46.

So, BA is the only daily then once JL downgrades. At least, YVR is (or soon will be) BAs only 747 destination in Canada.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Not YVR but close enough and I don't think it needs its own seperate thread, but Icelandair has brought in another 757 to YLW. Kelowna FlightCraft has a contract with Icelandair (among other carriers) to modify 757s including adding winglets. I didn't get close enough to get the registration, but it is defienetly a -300 series. While Icelandair and 757s are no strangers to YLW, I do believe this is the first -300 series in YLW though.

Not YVR but close enough and I don't think it needs its own seperate thread, but Icelandair has brought in another 757 to YLW. Kelowna FlightCraft has a contract with Icelandair (among other carriers) to modify 757s including adding winglets. I didn't get close enough to get the registration, but it is defienetly a -300 series. While Icelandair and 757s are no strangers to YLW, I do believe this is the first -300 series in YLW though.

I think that TF-FIX is their only -300 series.

• 4 weeks later...