Paperboat thread

Kashiwazaki

What type of cruise you think it fits you?  

13 members have voted

1. 1. What type of cruise you think it fits you?

• Fun cruising
    • Classic/Old style cruising
    • Relaxing cruising
    • Adventure cruising
    • Freestyle cruising
    • Escapade cruising (2, 3 4 night lasting)
    • Luxury cruising
    • Life aboard (cabin/appartment owner)

Well, here's the first paperboat: a simple, 16 hatch bulk carrier (V1.0). The V1.1 will include a self-discharge boom.

Up to now, try this one. It's a modded Japan Coast Guard ship, by the name of "Shikishima". Here is:

bulk_carrier_simple.PNG

For the self-discharge boom, I'd like to ask you where might be good to install it; on the bow (mv "Canadian Ranger" style)

cdnranger.3.8-03-08.gw.jpg

Or in front of the accomodation block (mv "Louis R. Desmarais" style)

desmarais-d-astabulacoal96-jt.jpg

Tell me, then. :)

Cheers!

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, for those who didn't assembled the paddle steamboat "Mississippi Queen" yet, here's two shots of the finished model.

Also, remember I didn't worked at all on this papermodel (no competences for such level, I just reedited the pics, so you can have all model's pieces reduced to 2 sheets, but with reasonable result model size), I just brought a relevant papermodel of a boat I found very cute (on papertoys.com), as I have five sidewheel steamers here in Switzerland, and I appreciate paddle steamboats a lot!

Watch this thing out, VERY SIMPLE to build:

Photo015.jpgPhoto016.jpg

Information: I printed this out in A3 size sheets, so the model would stand off more, as bigger models can show off more. Try it! I do not recommend A4 size sheets, as it makes too small, but can also be printed out, the result is almost the same. It's just because in bigger size is easier to build, and you don't have troubles for little pieces to rip off accidentally.

• 3 years later...

The DOCKWISE VANGUARD preview, in the shape of a papercraft!

The normal carrier:

shashin-0096.jpg

http://modelbus-sailormoon.webs.com/apps/blog/show/19304276-dockwise-vanguard

And the Spar Buoy prepared ship, WITH the Spar Buoy!

vanguard_poster.png

http://modelbus-sailormoon.webs.com/apps/blog/show/19346803-dockwise-vanguard-with-tahiti-spar-

Instructions for the Spar Buoy: http://modelbus-sailormoon.webs.com/apps/blog/show/19366672-instructions-for-tahiti-spar-buoy

The DOCKWISE VANGUARD is now being completed at the Hyundai Heavy Industries in Ulsan, South Korea.

When entering service, VANGUARD will be the largest and most capable heavy lift ship in the World, with an expected maximum deadweight of 117 000 tons.

So big, that she can carry both the actual biggest, the fleet mate BLUE MARLIN, and her biggest cargo ever carried, the semi-submersible oil rig THUNDER HORSE at the same time!

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 9 years later...
On 2/25/2013 at 6:56 PM, Dartlynx said:

MegaMoonLiner....your posts are amazing...more please!!!!

Been very long time, but then, here is a work-in-progress I am currently working on, the Japanese Super Type A program's Azuma class super large cruiser, Mitsumine. 

IMG_20220612_185113.thumb.jpg.4586bdcbf0ac76b0aa33402881483023.jpg

IMG_20220612_185125.thumb.jpg.7a686ba1512f9376318224c06f2b9f26.jpg

Zao class cruisers were also part of the Super Type A program; I designed those earlier this year, but it still needs modifications. 

• 2 months later...
On 12/18/2012 at 10:47 PM, Kashiwazaki said:

As said on my signature, the following papercrafts of ships are as following (subjected to changes):

IJN SHIMAKAZE - On the way

USS SOUTH DAKOTA

USS ALLEN M. SUMNER

For further details, just leave your message here. :)

Here is the current, fully comprehensive list of to-do's.

IJN SHIMAKAZE* - On the way - SUSPENDED

USS SOUTH DAKOTA* - CANCELLED

USS ALLEN M. SUMNER* - CANCELLED

VIKING OCTANTIS/POLARIS** - POSTPONED

OCEAN EXPLORER** - POSTPONED

IJN SENDAI* - POSTPONED

IJN TONE* - POSTPONED

IJN MOGAMI (FLOATPLANE CARRIER)* - POSTPONED

NEW SUZURAN/KRITI I*** - POSTPONED

NEW YUKARI/KRITI II*** - POSTPONED

NCL DREAM/DREAMWARD** - POSTPONED

NCL WIND/WINDWARD** - POSTPONED

IJN YAMATO* - On 3D stage (phase II, unfolding)

IJN SUZUTSUKI* - Building underway

IJN ASASHIMO*

IJN HAMAKAZE*

IJN ISOKAZE*

IJN HATSUSHIMO*

IJN YUKIKAZE*

IJN KASUMI*

WARSHIP

** CRUISE SHIP

*** FERRYBOAT

Maybe these new additions (the last eight) are familiar to you - if you know well about WWII naval warfare, and particularly the Pacific theater - they are part of the legendary Ten-Go mission (also known as Ten-ichi-go or Operation Kikusui); two of these ships - IJN Fuyuzuki and IJN Yahagi - have now been completed, but will not receive any flags until all other eight ships are present, as a sign of personal tradition of adding any flags only when achieving full completion, either of a particular ship or a notable fleet.

I will keep you updated soon as new progress is made, particularly IJN Yamato.

For anything else, you can suggest new ship models I might add to the online store I will be opening when I return to my home country; please note that knowing there are some people here who may be from blacklisted countries/regions, I will not serve them, therefore I may take their suggestions but I will not be able to sell to them, after - and if - such models have been produced.

Here is the full list of blacklisted countries.

restriction-countries.thumb.png.d4301338115b69ddee4593f8e19d346a.png

I appreciate your understanding in advance; if I had to restrict these countries, that's because of repetitive violations of my Terms and Conditions, carried out by one or more individuals.

5 minutes ago, ASzy said:

IJN is Imperial Japanese Navy, right? I believe Japan was still led by Emperor in 1940-1950.

Precisely. 

By the end of WWII, the Japanese political system passed from a totalitarian imperial rule to what is still today a unitary parliamentary constitutional monarchy, so there is still an imperial family (led by Emperor Naruhito), but their power is limited to a ceremonial role, or 'country's image projection' role if you wish. 

The power to entirely control the country falls to the prime Minister, today Mr Kishida Fumio, of the Liberal Democratic Party, just like his predecessor, Mr Abe Shinzo. 

Will not go any further into politics than this, since it is forbidden to do so outside the respective topic. 

I will be starting unfolding process of battleship「Yamato」in a matter of half an hour. 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

To tell I spent the last three weeks shut in my house doesn't do any justice.

In order to develop and build this monster without losing momentum or courage, I had to submerge myself into the power of the best drums in the World - the large sized Japanese Taiko drums - and the history behind the conception, construction, life and death of what was the largest, heaviest, the most well armored and the most powerfully armed battleship ever put to sea: the SUPER BATTLESHIP YAMATO!

311924311_553726580086655_8833798477746157159_n.thumb.jpg.54e6df931da6d4730bb008e874a6851d.jpg311893610_553726530086660_5918860961019644288_n.thumb.jpg.bd75f4ad27d3ab80e7912943f9579157.jpg311815158_553726640086649_8319755282197843956_n.thumb.jpg.8ec96fdb5e0737e8b724525490c25955.jpg

To continue on the completion of all ten ships of the legendary last sortie of the Japan Imperial Navy, Operation Ten-Ichi-Go, I am still developing the remaining six destroyers - Hamakaze, Isokaze, Yukikaze, Kasumi, Hatsushimo and Asashimo - but already the hardest one - the battleship - is finished, along with the cruiser Yahagi and the destroyers Suzutsuki and Fuyutsuki.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Here is an update of my list of to-do's.

IJN SHIMAKAZE* - On the way - SUSPENDED

VIKING OCTANTIS/POLARIS** - POSTPONED

OCEAN EXPLORER** - POSTPONED

IJN SENDAI* - POSTPONED

IJN TONE* - POSTPONED

IJN MOGAMI (FLOATPLANE CARRIER)* POSTPONED

NEW SUZURAN/KRITI I*** - POSTPONED

NEW YUKARI/KRITI II*** - POSTPONED

NCL DREAM/DREAMWARD** - POSTPONED

NCL WIND/WINDWARD** - POSTPONED

IJN YAMATO* - COMPLETE

IJN SUZUTSUKI* - COMPLETE

IJN HAMAKAZE* - Underway - in 3D development stage

IJN ISOKAZE* - Underway - in 3D development stage

IJN YUKIKAZE* - Underway - in 3D development stage

IJN ASASHIMO* - Underway - in 3D development stage - on par with the other three Kagero class ships

IJN HATSUSHIMO* - Priority

IJN KASUMI* - Priority

WARSHIP

** CRUISE SHIP

*** FERRYBOAT