Matt Demers

Cell Phones

I have an HTC Dream phone with Rogers and i absolutely love it. runs awesome.

aww sweet, they are nice. i tried one i liked it a lot altought its hard to get a feel for a device and test the camera when its attached to a kiosk in a booth (i tried it at a roger booth at a festival in barrie with d40lfs running as shuttles close by i wanted to test the camera heheh)

OC8792, there was already a thread for cell phones in this forum. Next time you want to start a new topic, make sure there isn't one already in existence. I've merged them into one thread.

I got myself a Blackberry Curve 8330 about two months ago.

aww sweet, they are nice. i tried one i liked it a lot altought its hard to get a feel for a device and test the camera when its attached to a kiosk in a booth (i tried it at a roger booth at a festival in barrie with d40lfs running as shuttles close by i wanted to test the camera heheh)

it has an awesome camera. 3.2 megapixel on it.

Only problem i had with it was a program corrupted it but i was able to restore it to factory default on my own without sending it in.

that bell samsung was a pretty high end phone for its time.

Yea at one point. But in a few months I'm thinking of upgrading to another blackberry. Either a Blackberry with a touch screen or something with a full keyboard.

Bryan "goggles" Gal

Thought I'd kick some life back into this thread ;)

Got the iPhone 4 today and absolutely LOVE IT! I don't know what everyone is complaining about with all the glitches because I haven't been able to find one, the only one I can find is the reception one and I had to hold the phone a gazillion different ways to get the call to drop.

One good thing about the "reception issue" is the fact I got to choose a free case courteous of Apple :(

Chris Cassidy

I've got a NOKIA E71 RVI, from Rogers, its has talks and is a very good phone, I love this thing, I've had a blackberry pearl flip (8220) it sucked donkey balls, interior screen broke after less than 2 weeks!

here's a partial list of my phones in the last 14 years..

motorola 633

nokia 6110

nokia 6150

motorola T720

Sanyo Katana V1 <-- my favourite phone of all time)

motorola Q9h

NOKIA 5310 Xpressmusic

NOKIA E71 RVI since september 10 2009

NOKIA 5800 XPRESSMUSIC as of April 1st 2010, it got stolen June 26th.

(I tried out a LG Xenon for 2 weeks, I hated it and sent it back to rogers)

back to my NOKIA E71 RVI as of July 20th

I really want to get a NOKIA N97 mini or a E72.. or get another Nokia 5800, (I miss that one most!)

eventually I want a Iphone.. but only when they are built more sturdy and I dont want a Iphone 4, Id rather get an older 3GS model.

I've had an HTC Magic since March, still with Rogers. I love Google's Android operating system, I think it's better than the iPhone. Unfortunately though Rogers is still using Android version 1.5 on its phones while newest version is 2.2.

I've had an HTC Magic since March, still with Rogers. I love Google's Android operating system, I think it's better than the iPhone. Unfortunately though Rogers is still using Android version 1.5 on its phones while newest version is 2.2.

There's a reason why you can get the ROM for it. Ie the andrioid Version of a Jailbreak. (Shhhh, but you didn't hear it from me) :(

- Bryan "Goggles"

I went to a BB Bold 9700 and I despise it. I want to go back to my iphone 3gs. I almost got suckered into getting a 4g today ( I can get it for almost free with my fido dollars, but I don't want to extend my contract for another 2 years with the new cell companies starting up).

Sanyo Katana is where I'm staying for now. I can't stand any of these blackberry/iphone "phones" (if you can really call them "phones")

There's a reason why you can get the ROM for it. Ie the andrioid Version of a Jailbreak. (Shhhh, but you didn't hear it from me) :D

- Bryan "Goggles"

I'm not exactly sure about this particular program your talking about but my cousin who knows a lot about computers and electronics has an Android phone as well, he used to hack it all the time but every since Rogers fixed the 911 issue with a firmware upgrade earlier this year they made it impossible to hack.

BlackBerry Torch and version 6 of their OS was released today. The browser is much better now.

Just about been 2 years since the last post in this thread so lets see whats new :)

Just picked up a new phone today, finally traded my antiquited BB Curve in for a new Motorola Razr ...

http://www.rogers.co...910BLKR&N=52+11

... got it for - 0.01 cent so they owe me a penny :lol:

Still got my old Nokia Dumb Phone. I'm sure, dumb as it is, there is still a hundred things it can do that I am clueless about. Mostly just use it to text, so I can look and feel like 'one of the crowd'.

Still got my old Nokia Dumb Phone. I'm sure, dumb as it is, there is still a hundred things it can do that I am clueless about. Mostly just use it to text, so I can look and feel like 'one of the crowd'.

oh cpt'n... :rolleyes:

Nothing to be ashamed about that, in the two and a half years I had the BB, I could never get the BB Messenger or email to work :lol: I'm just starting to learn the new phone now and I have to say its so much easier to navigate and figure out than the BB, everything works quite well :)

I downloaded a Lightsaber App last night so when I wave the phone around it sounds like a Lightsaber ... yes I'm a dork :lol:

last spring i "upgraded" to a samsung colby plus, despite the fact it has a keyboard for texting i dont use it, i just make calls with it,

I was showing off the phone to my parents last night, using the internet, watching youtube, etc. My dad asked if you can make a call on it as well, so I jokingly told him I haven't figured that out yet :lol:

Anybody here remembered when Bell once offered a Mike-Like (say it fast) walkie-talkie service? It was fun - while it lasted.

However, they recently launched the next-generation push-to-talk service - this time over Bell's 4G (HSPA/HSPA+) network. Here's some information: http://mobilebusiness.bell.ca/solutions/push-to-talk/