Kashiwazaki

Papertrain Thread

I was examining the General Railway Discussion Board and didn't found anything, only on the paperbus thread;

This is for all folks who created paper trains, such as bi-level cars, subway trains and other urban units/compositions... Anything about paper trains.

I might create a common bi-level 4 you all...

• Like 1

Hi, guys

As promised, a bi-level rail car!

bi_level_train_car.PNG

In european style, I don't have, for now, a model name for it yet, but it's what came from my head.

FRESHLY MADE! OTHER LIVERIES TO COME SOON!

• Like 1

Years ago I did some London Underground paper trains, still have them somewhere. A couple where posted to the paperbus thread.

That's OK. Next time you have paper trains to share, post here; if you want to move the actual trains posted on the "Paperbus Thread", you can always move them to here.

Anyways, to all:

First paint scheme for my bi-level rail car, Amtrak 80's styled:

bi_level_train_car_Amtrak_80__sColors.PNG

Thanks for starting this topic!

I have worked on a few models myself.

Aug26th2009006.jpg

Aug26th2009008.jpg

Aug26th2009012.jpg

Aug26th2009017.jpg

Right now I am working on a TTC T1 model.

I will be happy to make custom rail models for anybody. Just PM me.

Many thanks for your models!! :) Very gorgeous trains and trams!! In fact, I've a request for a Bombardier bi-level rail car:CAL_TRAIN.jpg(VERY, VERY GORGEOUS COLORS ON SUCH A GOOD TRAIN, MUST BE REALLY BI-LEVEL CARS AND SAME POWER CAR AS SHOWN, CAN YOU DO IT?), but I'll PM you later for more details, OK?

To all:

Another Amtrak version of my bi-level, this time in newest Amtrak livery:

bi_level_train_car_Amtrak.PNG

Once again, MANY THANKS to those who posted their paper trains and trams here!

Nice paper trains, everyone! I'm really into collecting paper trains. I don't actually make them myself, I just collect the ones that companies give out :)

Sorry if I'm replying "one week later", that was my ban week, but all is OK, now.

Thanks for the comments! :D

As you're saying you collect the trains companies give away, you can have my trains; and more on the models below.

To all, without more delays, here's the rest of the collection of bi-level trains NEW-> POWER CAR. Companies featured: CalTrain, GO Transit, Amtrak (80's style and newest), SBB CFF FFS, New Jersey Transit, Burlington Northern Santa Fe. If you want more liveries, just ask me. There's also a blank rail car and loco, for you to make your own livery. Have a look:

BNSF:

BNSF_bi_level_train_car.PNG

New Jersey Transit:

NewJersey__livery1__bi_level_train_car.PNG

NewJersey__livery2__bi_level_train_car.PNG

NewJersey__livery3__bi_level_train_car.PNG

NJTransit_Power_car_bi_level.PNG

bi_level_train_car_ti_sto.PNG

CalTrain:

CalTrain_bi_level_train_car.PNG

CalTrain_Power_car_bi_level.PNG

Amtrak:

Amtrak_80__sColors_bi_level_train_car.PNG

Amtrak_bi_level_train_car.PNG

Amtrak_Power_car_bi_level.PNG

GO Transit:

GOtransit_bi_level_train_car.PNG

GOTransit_Power_car_bi_level.PNG

SBB CFF FFS:

SBB_CFF_bi_level_train_car.PNG

SBB_CFF_Power_car_bi_level.PNG

bi_level_train_car_ti_sto_cff.PNG

Blank version:

bi_level_train_car.PNG

Power_car_bi_level.PNG

The bi-level power car for BNSF and Amtrak 80's style power car will be sent when possible, as well as other models that might be missing here.

Remember you can always demand me another livery that might please you, or start your own livery from the blank models above.

Cheers! :)

Sorry if I'm replying "one week later", that was my ban week, but all is OK, now.

Thanks for the comments! :)

As you're saying you collect the trains companies give away, you can have my trains; and more on the models below.

To all, without more delays, here's the rest of the collection of bi-level trains NEW-> POWER CAR. Companies featured: CalTrain, GO Transit, Amtrak (80's style and newest), SBB CFF FFS, New Jersey Transit, Burlington Northern Santa Fe. If you want more liveries, just ask me. There's also a blank rail car and loco, for you to make your own livery. Have a look:

The bi-level power car for BNSF and Amtrak 80's style power car will be sent when possible, as well as other models that might be missing here.

Remember you can always demand me another livery that might please you, or start your own livery from the blank models above.

Cheers! :)

Just one comment, you wheel base for each truck is far too short. When I started drawing trains I did the exact same thing, until my father who worked with the real thing showed me what I was doing wrong. I realise it is a freelance design but I thought I would pass on his wisdom.

Just one comment, you wheel base for each truck is far too short. When I started drawing trains I did the exact same thing, until my father who worked with the real thing showed me what I was doing wrong. I realise it is a freelance design but I thought I would pass on his wisdom.

Yes, maybe I should spread the bogies a little more... But thanks for your comment! :) Comments like this always helps me to be better at making papermodels. Anything else you eventually spot, just ask me, OK?

Thanks! :)

Hello busbarn i do not know if you do request but since your very talented at what you are doing is it possible to make a STM MR 63 ?

Hello busbarn i do not know if you do request but since your very talented at what you are doing is it possible to make a STM MR 63 ?

Hi, I'm not very sure if I can do it, but in principle I can do it. I'll tell you something in a couple hours, OK? Thanks for the request! :D Always satisfying my friends' requests.

Me thinks I'm updating and replacing some things on my trains. The chassis must be redesigned to be easier to assemble, according to my last builds.

What you all think I have to change or redesign?

http://www.majhost.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=211528

Just a few GO Paper Trains I made. They`re not very detailed, but I`ll post them here anyways. I think I have an Amtrak Superliner around too...

Me think I saw them around Internet, while I was searching for "decent" american trains... Are the loco and Bombardier cars the same size when printed? Thanks. But you haven't the Superliner, there... Can you send them here, too?

Hi, bro. I don't need to do so, as I found a site where there is a dennyip's MR63. Here's the link, and hope you can deal with it. =)

Denny Yip's Société des Transports Montréalais MR 63

If you want (and with previous authorization from dennyip), I can draw you the tabs to glue. Hope it helps you! :lol:

Me think I saw them around Internet, while I was searching for "decent" american trains... Are the loco and Bombardier cars the same size when printed? Thanks. But you haven't the Superliner, there... Can you send them here, too?

Hi, bro. I don't need to do so, as I found a site where there is a dennyip's MR63. Here's the link, and hope you can deal with it. =)

Denny Yip's Société des Transports Montréalais MR 63

If you want (and with previous authorization from dennyip), I can draw you the tabs to glue. Hope it helps you! :lol:

Do whatever you want with that. It looks really bad so I don't want to touch it anymore.

Do whatever you want with that. It looks really bad so I don't want to touch it anymore.

:lol: Oh, shut up, dennyip, I think your work is GREAT!! :lol: Wanna bet OC8792 will say the same thing, or beyond?? C'mon, cheer up! Even my very first model, the TD 925 Astromega looks as beautifully made as your subway train does! ;)

Well, the one thats on Maj, no.... but I did resize one to fit with the railcars. I`ll post it below. Also, if you want, I can dig up the superliner, but I didn`t really do it to any scale, but I will also post it below.

(Oh, by the way, Coach Class 5311 was the one I traveled in right before I made that) :lol:

Paper507.PNGSuperliner_v1.PNG

Well, the one thats on Maj, no.... but I did resize one to fit with the railcars. I`ll post it below. Also, if you want, I can dig up the superliner, but I didn`t really do it to any scale, but I will also post it below.

(Oh, by the way, Coach Class 5311 was the one I traveled in right before I made that) :)

Paper507.PNGSuperliner_v1.PNG

Hi, thanks for the models. ^_^

I will be happy to make custom rail models for anybody. Just PM me.

HEY, T_F, THAT CALTRAIN IS TO BE DONE WHEN, BUD?? I'M DESPERATIN' OVER HERE!!! :P

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

To all:

Here's somethin' I found you would like:

class_20j_20175.jpgclass_20j_20tender.jpg

A J Class 4-8-4 steam loco I found somewhere on the Web. CREDITS GOES TO THE RESPECTIVE OWNER, RAY MORRIS (2001)

I'm doin' it right on this week, probably... A3 printing size. It worths it!!

Whoops! sorry I have alot to do since I am I school to. (I also work on other projects to)Just let me finish up this TTC T1 and I will get started on the caltrain.

Well, hurry up on that, I'm also BUSY, BUSY, BUSY with projects for voyage agencies here @ Switzerland, and I have not so good shot for trains! :P

And I'm currently seeking job, and I'll have it pretty soon, and then, I'll have lesser time to papermodels! ;)

Just accelerate the process, PLEEEEEEEEEEEEZ! :P LOOL

Hello,

Quick question:

Has GO Transit ever produced any paper trains other than their bilevels? Have they ever made locomotives?

(I am aware of their paper coach bus, I actually have about 4-5 of them :lol: )

(I am aware of their paper coach bus, I actually have about 4-5 of them :lol: )

O/T...

I am assuming you mean the prevost?

they have a MCI and Double Decker too....