Sign in to follow this  
M.Wright

Southwest Transit Discussion

I've noticed that they have Inveros, and everyone of their buses is a suburban bus, so just out of curiosity, does those Infernos have a rear door or no?

If they don't have a rear door, could someone please get a picture of this?

I've noticed that they have Inveros, and everyone of their buses is a suburban bus, so just out of curiosity, does those Infernos have a rear door or no?

If they don't have a rear door, could someone please get a picture of this?

They have one 2005 Invero, I have a couple pics of it from the street side (It was across the street in heavy traffic so I couldn't get a shot of the other side.) but I don't know if it has a rear door or not. I'll let you know when I see the other side and try to get more shots of it.

Also my SWT pics so far.

They have one 2005 Invero, I have a couple pics of it from the street side (It was across the street in heavy traffic so I couldn't get a shot of the other side.) but I don't know if it has a rear door or not. I'll let you know when I see the other side and try to get more shots of it.

Also my SWT pics so far.

Yeah, I was the one who commented on those photos, that's why I asked. In fact those are the only two photos I have found of these on the internet.
Looking at the pictures, it doesn't appear that any of their other buses have rear doors. They have an interesting fleet, it seems...
That's why I am thinking the Inferno has no rear door, because why would they get a odd ball bus?

Well surprisingly it does appear to have a rear door, unless it's just a panel. Here are some shots I got of it yesterday: (click photos to enlarge)

3863460462_32052d4d12_m.jpg 3862686717_21106c5552_m.jpg 3863460900_9ff8c5a638_m.jpg

... and a Phantom while I'm at it:

3863459510_ff9f9dea70_m.jpg

Edit: Photos in post have been reduced in size to conserve thread space and speed up loading time for those with not so fast internet connections or computers :)

Edited by MVTArider

Awww, there goes my hope of a suburban D40i.

Oh well, but I see that inside the bus that it has suburban seating (or at least what we would consider suburban seatting).

Thank you very much!

3863460462_32052d4d12.jpg

Here's an interesting comment from that photo...

Haha, just after I ask, I saw this bus at the State Fairgrounds today, along with an articulated Nova Bus that wasn't branded but had a sign that said SouthWest Transit.

Could they be interested in getting LFS Artic or LFX in the future?

It was a Community Transit Reject. Per my contact at New Flyer.
Awww, there goes my hope of a suburban D40i.

Oh well, but I see that inside the bus that it has suburban seating (or at least what we would consider suburban seatting).

Thank you very much!

Didnt Community Transit order their invero's with suburban seating?? And are all of Southwest Transit's buses considered suburban models?? Very nice pics all around. Interesting to see all these single door models, including the Gillig (save my recent comments elsewhere on the board)

Oh, skimmed over their website. It seems like Southwest Transit is almost a private company. It almost had a feel like it was a private business, rather than a service provided by a region. Is SWT public?? Gotta love that massive park and ride facility, with the mall attached..... more than just a terminal, or something along those lines

Here's an interesting comment from that photo...

Could they be interested in getting LFS Artic or LFX in the future?

They could be, I just saw that myself. I'll look for it when I go to the fair next week. They did have an Alexander Dennis Double Decker stop by last fall for a week as well.

Didnt Community Transit order their invero's with suburban seating?? And are all of Southwest Transit's buses considered suburban models?? Very nice pics all around. Interesting to see all these single door models, including the Gillig (save my recent comments elsewhere on the board)

Oh, skimmed over their website. It seems like Southwest Transit is almost a private company. It almost had a feel like it was a private business, rather than a service provided by a region. Is SWT public?? Gotta love that massive park and ride facility, with the mall attached..... more than just a terminal, or something along those lines

SWT is public and part of the Met Council regional fare system. They are one of the opt outs from Metro Transit basically meaning some towns in the Southwest suburbs said the service you are providing us sucks, so we are keeping the property taxes and running our own system now. That happened in 1990 IIRC. But I know they or someone also has an old coach from the 1930s/40s so they might actually have been a private company at one point, unless they were really desperate for buses when they started their own service initially.

Also the Invero has SWT branded seats, I could see them through the windows, so it probably either got new ones or the originals were reupholstered.

SW Transit was formed in 1986, it is a Joint Powers Commission between the cities of Eden Prairie, Chanhassen and Chaska. They got the 1947 Silversides bus a few years ago, but I don't see the point. It's not a historical vehicle for SW Transit, and it was probably paid for by tax dollars. That money could've gone to their terrible local service.

They have nice buses and terminals, however they have almost no local service (except for a circulator that goes around EP).

IMO, the opt-outs are now detrimental to the regional transit system. There may have only been demand for direct express service downtown, but now there is more demand for local service and none of the agencies want to work together.

Here's some more SWT pics featuring the buses on loan this week: (click on photo to enlarge)

3884047335_dc7b34138d_m.jpg 3884841712_edab6079d4_m.jpg 3884046477_62e168b0e3_m.jpg

if you want visit the aforementioned Southwest Transit set for a few more new photos of these and other SWT buses.

Nice photos!! I thinks SWT is the first transit agency to actually put a demo LFX into revenue service!!

Did anyone get a chance to ride the bus?

Didnt it run in service in NYC for the MTA?

Didnt it run in service in NYC for the MTA?

No, the one that run in NYC was 0054, a standard NovaBus LFS Artic, not LFX.

IMO, the opt-outs are now detrimental to the regional transit system. There may have only been demand for direct express service downtown, but now there is more demand for local service and none of the agencies want to work together.

I agree completely. If I want to go to Arbor Lakes from my aunts place off Schmidt Lake Rd (Plymouth Metrolink route 777)... forget it! I don't know if Maple Grove Transit would even cooperate. I'm fairly jealous that Minnetonka stuck with Metro Transit. Heck even getting from Downtown Mpls to Ridgedale seems great with the D60 service.

http://www.startribune.com/business/273264891.html

Double-decker buses hit the road in Minnesota

For Mike Heger, getting to the State Fair was a ride itself.

At a park-and-ride lot in Eden Prairie on Friday, Heger paused briefly in a swift-moving line to look over the double-decker bus he was about to board. “Looks like fun,” he said. “I’ve been on one in Europe.”

The bus was one of two double-deckers that SouthWest Transit added to its fleet this year for the annual shuttle service to the fairgrounds in St. Paul. The one Heger boarded, outfitted in SouthWest Transit’s black and green, will join the company’s daily express service next week between the southwest suburbs and downtown Minneapolis and the U.

Sounds like the Van Hool will be in service for a little while until the new AD 400 arrives. Unfortunately I never did make it back to the Fair this year to photograph the transit shuttles. Hopefully I can track down the TD925 though while it's still around.

http://www.startribune.com/business/273264891.html

Sounds like the Van Hool will be in service for a little while until the new AD 400 arrives. Unfortunately I never did make it back to the Fair this year to photograph the transit shuttles. Hopefully I can track down the TD925 though while it's still around.

Looks like this might've been an ex-Megabus TD925.

Looks like this might've been an ex-Megabus TD925.

No way that is an ex Megabus as the only retired Megabus TD925's are the wrecked/fire ones. Some of the older ones have been transferred to other Coach USA operations but are still being used for either line haul and even Chicago double decker tours.