Blue and Gold (Yellow) Liveries

Downsview 108

I know that. I'm wondering if there's a conspiracy behind these colours. :D

I did notice that before DRT was formed that Oshawa, Whitby, and Clarington were blue and yellow.

But to be honest I don't think that there are many agencies percentage wise that are blue and yellow.

I did notice that before DRT was formed that Oshawa, Whitby, and Clarington were blue and yellow.

But to be honest I don't think that there are many agencies percentage wise that are blue and yellow.

Burlington Transit

Oakville Transit

Grand River Transit

Hamilton Street Railway

York Region Transit (old livery)

All these agencies are blue and yellow, I think it's a pretty common livery in Ontario.

Burlington Transit

Oakville Transit

Grand River Transit

Hamilton Street Railway

All these agencies are blue and yellow, I think it's a pretty common livery in Ontario.

I'm glad YRT is changing theirs. Their new livery looks GORGEOUS!

Burlington should have kept their orange and blue. That was very unique.

I think it's just that certain colours and/or combinations can be seen as "old" and agencies rebrand themselves. Blue may be more of an "in" colour in recent years.

For the TTC, they had cream and maroon until the 70s. Now those colours scream "old" and "out of date". It's all about branding, so the public will be more enticed to ride transit by fresher-looking buses.

Burlington Transit

Oakville Transit

Grand River Transit

Hamilton Street Railway

But percentage wise it is not dominant.

You could argue that red and white, or blue and white are just as dominant.

I think it's just that certain colours and/or combinations can be seen as "old" and agencies rebrand themselves. Blue may be more of an "in" colour in recent years.

For the TTC, they had cream and maroon until the 70s. Now those colours scream "old" and "out of date". It's all about branding, so the public will be more enticed to ride transit by fresher-looking buses.

Makes sense. Especially the last bit.

Blue and white here. Before that, green and white.

New York had a green-based paint scheme as well until the 1970s, when they switched to blue and white.

Westchester County Bee-Line is another blue and yellow paint scheme, but it's made a bit more interesting by the addition of the cartoon bee character and a black window mask.