West Vancouver Blue Bus

BCT-3122-D800-10240

7 hours ago, captaintrolley said:

I thought systems had to be the same union in order to merge.

It can be done, having two different Union/Contracts. The employees would remain separate from each other in regards to collective agreements, seniority, etc., which I would assume, at least the seniority part would remain separate, even if West Van drivers joined the same Union.

• 2 months later...
23 minutes ago, ThomasW97 said:

8103 returns to WVMT to help with the 250 for the time being

Haven't ridden a bus in a while lol - why is this happening? The 250s I've seen haven't been exactly full, although I also haven't been out much during rush hour.

• 1 month later...
2 hours ago, Express691 said:

The cancellations of May 2nd have been re-instated from what I've heard (25x/262 shuttles) along with the 28x routes

Yes, saw the 251 running yesterday. Not sure if they are running all day or just at peak time though, that’s how it was in the last week or so of April.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Because of a shortage of conventional buses waiting for inspections there aren't enough to go on the road. The backlog was created by strike actions and a lack of mechanics. Because there are more shuttle buses on weekends they have sent out shuttles to avoid cancelations on these routes. Once the backlog of inspections are done Conventional buses will return. Only temporary and not a actual switch over. Steve

• Like 6