Canada West Coach Lines

BCT-3122-D800-10240

Guess there was no topic for Canada West yet, so here it is.

Going through some older photos I found some photos of the Kamloops Blazers Prevost H3-45 numbered 1721 taken back on October 21, 2007 in downtown Calgary. Looked up this coach on the WIKI and in the notes, it shows that the unit is owned by the Kamloops Blazers. Yet, on the legals on the side of the coach, it clearly states that the coach is owned and operated by Canada West Coach Lines. I have attached an image showing the legals on the side of the coach.

http://www.cptdb.ca/...est_Coach_Lines

211007_0912canadawest1721.jpg

• 11 months later...
  • 7 months later...
Canada West has a sweet looking new H345. Not brand new but only a couple of years old I'd say. I saw 738 Sunday afternoon in Merritt along with 1125 (ex-CBL410)

Yes. A beauty of a bus. I drove it the other day. They recently purchased a brand new bus again and its a beauty. I havent driven it yet and not sure exactly what it is.

1125?? That is a Ford Champion. THey are responsible for the transfers to merrit when Wells Grey or Sun Fun go down to the states. As far as I know anyway.

• 1 month later...
Steven was that you driving a newish Canada West H3-45 through the parking lot of the Cherry Lane shopping center in Penticton yesterday? Wish I had seen you sooner so I could have gotten a shot.

hehe..Wouldn't have been me that time. I haven't been to Cherry Lane before. That H345 is a nice ride.

• 4 months later...
  • 3 months later...

Actually, that is one of the earliest H3-45's. That coach was built somewhere from 1994 to 1997. Notice the lower mounted luggage bay door latches.

Yup, I know, hence the statement of "slightly older". The door latches is what I noticed first.

Not a problem at all!

Oddly enough though, the coach doesn't have it's access panel above the front axle that acompanies the lower luggage bay hatches. I didn't check the other side of the coach though.

Slightly older is a vague description I agree :lol:

I thought that was only on H3-40s?

Brewster's 1996's and Red Arrow's 1995's and 1997's (all H3-45's) all have the access panels above the front axles. On the driver side it is fairly large. Door side is just a small one. Maybe not all H3's were delivered with these panels... I am not even sure what's behind them.

Brewster's 1996's and Red Arrow's 1995's and 1997's (all H3-45's) all have the access panels above the front axles. On the driver side it is fairly large. Door side is just a small one. Maybe not all H3's were delivered with these panels... I am not even sure what's behind them.

Pre 1997 Driver's side has a similar electrical access door behind the driver on the driver's side as the H340.

Pre 1997 have a 4"x6" ish size door on the entrance door side that "hides" the entrance door switch.

Post 1997 eliminated both of these doors. Note that 735 has the entrance door switch under the front marker light. This is from 1997 to 2009.

My guess is that the entrance door switch fender has been changed.

Both the side glass and lower luggage bay door handles would indicate pre-1996.

Never judge a book by it's cover..... Too bad no pic of the other side.

• 2 months later...

Nice, has it arrived in Kamloops yet? I saw 997 for sale on Kiiji awhile back, did it sell?

Oh yeah it's in operation already. 997? Haha. Piece of junk wouldn't sell. They got it re-painted to the companies new colors, put logos on it. According to some drivers it is not any better since they revamped the engine and transmission. Apparently down to 30 km/hr on some hills

Didn't think 997 was in that bad of shape for it's age at least cosmetically. Canada West has gone from the brown to a new scheme?

Yep they put new leather seat coverings in it, and re did the inside. New company colors are grey now with a yellow logo on it

Didn't think 997 was in that bad of shape for it's age at least cosmetically. Canada West has gone from the brown to a new scheme?

Got new leather seats, interior carpeting on ceiling. New logo

Is grey with yellow logoing

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...