Codiac Transit

JeremyA

19 hours ago, Loud-Invero said:

Just read the article. Especially the increase of passenger volume coming from newcomers to Canada, those moving from other provinces and post-secondary student enrolment that is driving the demand. 

Especially having to manage a higher level of demand with limited resources. Since Codiac Transpo has a much smaller fleet, it is pretty difficult to get replacement buses which is around I think $600,000 for a standard 40 ft bus and needing to order a couple units to receive a volume discount. Without the volume discount, the cost per unit would be much more steep which would be a tough sell to local city council to justify purchasing additional buses.

Right now, I think they are trying to maintain the status quo and not risk breaking something in the process. Some people don't like change. 

• 3 months later...
  • 3 months later...

New LFS in Moncton, # 826. So new that it doesn't have any of the Codiac Transpo branding on it yet.

Not sure if that replaces an existing bus, but if so, I wouldn't be surprised if it was one of the 2004/2005 LFSes (less likely would be a 2007 or one of the 2009-2011 demos)

4 hours ago, ROSeaboyer said:

New LFS in Moncton, # 826. So new that it doesn't have any of the Codiac Transpo branding on it yet.

Not sure if that replaces an existing bus, but if so, I wouldn't be surprised if it was one of the 2004/2005 LFSes (less likely would be a 2007 or one of the 2009-2011 demos)

The presence of 826 implies the existence of 824-825 as well; it's possible Codiac is replacing both the 2004 and 2006 orders (504-506 and 508), so it's possible there are 4 buses.

I'm also assuming there is no expansion plans that would require additional buses?

• 3 weeks later...
On 5/23/2024 at 11:13 AM, Articulated said:

The presence of 826 implies the existence of 824-825 as well; it's possible Codiac is replacing both the 2004 and 2006 orders (504-506 and 508), so it's possible there are 4 buses.

I'm also assuming there is no expansion plans that would require additional buses?

No 824 or 825 yet, but there is an 827 that started up this morning.

• 4 weeks later...
On 7/10/2024 at 5:37 AM, ROSeaboyer said:

828 started this morning as well; I'm still seeing a bunch of the 600s on their tracker, so odds are Codiac has retired the remaining 500s, but we'll need an updated roster to confirm

Idea: Fnd out the rosters yourself. Talk to the maintainance managers whereever you go to see if you can still somewhat manage to ride an older bus or find out if they're retired. Stop asking yourself and actually go out and find information.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, The Squishy Bus said:

Idea: Fnd out the rosters yourself. Talk to the maintainance managers whereever you go to see if you can still somewhat manage to ride an older bus or find out if they're retired. Stop asking yourself and actually go out and find information.

You're the last person who should be calling people out.   Walk before you run. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 7/10/2024 at 5:37 AM, ROSeaboyer said:

828 started this morning as well; I'm still seeing a bunch of the 600s on their tracker, so odds are Codiac has retired the remaining 500s, but we'll need an updated roster to confirm

Unfortunately there are not many enthusiasts out on the rocks. Information should be available soon.  I can check the current streetside guide. Your sightings are also very helpful as it gives us a vision on what's going on there and we do thank you for that. I do apologize for the "special" kid stepping out of line and stiring up trouble.